Prologue

Prologue

Dakota’s POV

I hug my coat closer to my body feeling the cold air trying to get in through the thick fabric. It truly is Christmas time the streets are pure white covered in a thick blanket of snow the only thing that can be seen is the bright red fire hydrant peeping out from underneath the white. I can hardly believe its Christmas Eve this year has just flew in and what’s more with work it has passed by in a blur.

I smile at the Santa and he gives me a hearty laugh as I cross the street, nothing could bring my mood down tonight even though I just spent the last few hours working but I love my job. I work in an orphanage and love every minute of it. Christmas is a hard time at the orphanage as mostly every child who writes to Santa asks for a family and it’s very hard on Christmas morning telling them that they have no one who wants to adopt them.

I cross the street and yawn softly, although I love my job it’s hard work but very rewarding work. I make my way across the road when a gust of wind blows my hat off my head and leaves my head exposed to the cold. My blonde hair blows all over my face and I dash to the other side of the street and pick up my hat placing it on my head again.

I run back over and continue walking home....not long now and then I go inside and treat myself to a well deserved hot chocolate and watch a Christmas movie on the couch.

I am just about to cross the road when a hand is slapped over my mouth and I’m dragged back into the alleyway. My instincts kick in and I fight whoever is dragging me back I try to scream but it comes out more like a muffled choke. I look for anyway I could escape my captor but stop when the breath is knocked out of me and I’m slammed into a wall. I can’t make out the persons features as the moonlight isn’t shining down too well in the alley but I know it’s a man I have never heard of a girl dragging another girl into an alleyway.

He keeps his hand on my mouth and pins my hands down with the other making sure I have no escape.

“What’s a little one like you doing out at this time at night? You’re really just asking for something bad to happen to you aren’t you?”

My eyes dart around the alleyway looking for anybody who can help me. The guy looks young no older than 23 he’s tall and towers over me and I can see that he’s strong by the grip he has on my arms.

I’m brought out of my thoughts when I feel his hand go to my hat; he takes it off leaving my blonde hair exposed. He takes a handful of my hair and brings it to his face.

“You smell so good little one...I bet that’s not all that smells good”

His hands move down towards my coat and I try to squirm away from him but it’s no use and he takes my coat off leaving me in my pink shirt and jeans. He brings his hands lower towards my breasts and I scream as he rips my shirt open. I know now what his intentions are and I cannot do this I cannot allow this to happen I’m still a virgin and want to keep it that way.

The guy is so distracted with getting my bra off he doesn’t notice my knee, I bring it up and with all my might knee him in his no no area. He curses and falls to the ground holding his private parts and I take that as my queue to high tail it out of there. I run and don’t look back but stop when I see two figures in the distance.

“HELP!”  I scream and their heads snap around to look at me. I nearly scream when I see the guy from the alley making his way towards me. I run towards the two figures.

When I finally reach them I see that it’s two guys but that’s all I can’t make out any of their features as it’s too dark.

“Need help boss!” I stop and look back to see the guy from the alley smirking at me.