Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Images of the elimination flash in my mind, Jessica begging pleading him for her life and her baby’s life. Images of blood being spilled out on the stage and her blood curdling screams as he ends her life.

Sitting here now in my blue peacock dress I wonder what the next challenge will be and what it will be, it seems as we go along through his game that the challenges become more harder.

“Good morning ladies” Carver says waiting for us to reply

“Morning Carver” no one would dare cross him now we are all too afraid of what he’s capable of even more now that we know there is another traitor in our midst.

“We are onto challenge 5 and that is where this comes in” he holds up a child’s doll “This is an interactive baby your job is to look after it and make sure it lives...this will last for the entire week and on Sunday there will be another elimination as usual...so don’t let the baby die”

Cruz and Frank hand us our dolls the first thing I notice is they are made to look like boys and there are no girl looking dolls.

“You are to give the doll a name as well so choose now, any questions?” he asks

I slowly raise my hand hoping that he won’t see it and I’m thankful when he doesn’t instead he sees Sophia’s hand.

“You may speak Sophie”

“Why are there no girls?”

“Girls” he laughs at the very statement leaving me wondering what is so wrong with girls “Girls are not heir’s only boys...therefore I need a boy not a girl”

“But what happens if your chosen girl has a baby girl?” Chloe asks

“Simple the baby will be killed and then the gang will meet to see if my chosen and I will try again or if she’ll be disposed of”

“Carver is there any word on my son Braylon?” Chloe asks

“Braylon is now called Bray and Jared is caring for him”

“What will happen to my son?”

“He is no longer your son, Jared will train Bray and when he’s old enough he will serve in the gang beside his adoptive father”

“Please Carver I beg you don’t bring my son into your world....he will die I beg you spare my son please let him live”

“He is no longer your son Chloe he’s mine and I will raise him as a gangs son should be....he might die but it will be no lose to us” Jared says coming through the door with a curly blonde haired boy in his arms. The little boy struggles in his arms once he sees Chloe and Chloe tries desperately to get to him.

“Braylon!” she cries and tries to run to him but finds herself slammed into the ground by Cruz and Frank.

Braylon tries to get to his mother screaming mummy, Chloe screams back telling him that everything will be okay and mummy’s here.

Jared puts Chloe’s son on the floor and walks him over to Carver. When Bray won’t do as Jared wants him to do he smacks him.

“Please don’t hurt him, please don’t hurt my son!” Chloe cries and tries to get to him

“I have told you Chloe he is my son now!” Jared shouts back and Bray cries even more “Come along son....Now!”

Bray comes in front of Carver and Carver looks the little boy up and down.

“He will be a fine boy Jared...strong that’s for sure and he will need a lot of discipline and perhaps a mother figure”

“I ask your permission to take a girl Carver”