Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Dakota’s POV

I wake to the sound of hysterical crying. The room is so dark that I can’t see anything and I know if I try to move around the room I could trip and fall so I decide to call out.

“Are you OK?”

“Dakota?” I hear a voice whisper and I instantly know who is crying

“Yes it’s me Sophia...why are you crying?”

“C...Carver threatened me yesterday he told me to get my head in the game or he would...you know how we spent a night with a member of the gang and I was with Jared well it turns out Jared took a liking to me...s...so Carver said that if I didn’t pull my weight he would give me to him” she cries

“What are you talking about?”

“I forgot you were asleep when it happened. Carver didn’t kill Olivia... he sold her to a blonde haired man...she’s now his wife”

“Are you being serious?”

“Yes...and I’ll soon be Jared’s wife...Jared even said so he said my fate was sealed and that if I was a good girl I could see my baby from time to time.....and!” her scream sounds throughout the room.

“Oh my flying dolphins the baby’s coming!”

The door slams open and the lights come on to reveal Carver and Seth wearing nothing but pyjama bottoms.

“What the hell is with all the screaming?”

“Carver I think Sophia’s in labour” I say and another scream sounds throughout the room.

Seth jumps into action and starts working with Sophia by now Chloe and Lilly are wide awake.

Carver comes by Sophia’s side and helps Seth.

“She’s ready....ok Sophia I need you to push!”

There are screams and grunts that sound throughout the room. Seth and Carver take turns shouting at Sophia to push and then I see the first drop of blood and that’s it. I pull the covers up around my face and bury my head in the pillow. Next thing I know the covers are off my face and Carver is climbing into my bed.

“There there little one it’s ok” he strokes my head and I try to keep my mind of the screaming that’s going on in the room.

A cry breaks throughout the room but not just anyone’s cry....a baby’s cry.

“It’s a girl!” Seth shouts

Just as he says that the door opens Frank and Cruz run in.

“What’s going on Carve it sounded like someone was dying?”

“Sophia has just had a baby girl that I’m sure the Carpenter family is going to love but first of all fetch Jared so he can claim his new wife just as I promised”

“No please Carver please just kill me I would rather die than be his wife please!”

“Tears get you nowhere Sophia...you should be thankful and begging Jared to keep your little girl because like I just said the Mr Carpenter would love to have a young daughter”

“Please I don’t want to live anymore I don’t want to go through this all again please just let me die”

“That’s enough Sophie...enough of the tears you will be my wife and you will be a good girl for me or you’ll find I’m not as nice as you think” I turn around in Carver’s hold and see Jared walking towards the bed flanked by Frank. Seth is now holding her little girl.

“You’re not nice you’re a pig!”

“Give me the baby Seth” Seth hands Jared the baby and Jared takes Sophia’s daughter into his arms “Look at her I bet she’ll be as beautiful as her mother when she grows up...same beautiful eyes...and you haven’t even held her yet and you and you never will unless you promise me right now that you’re going to be a good girl for me”

“She’s my baby!” Sophia cries reaching out for her daughter but Jared keeps her out of her reach.

“Promise me and you can hold her until your heart’s content”

I feel so bad for Sophia I know if I was in her situation that I would just promise him I would never let them take my baby away from me.

“Can I name her?”

“You can when you promise me”

“I promise I’ll be a good girl” Sophia cries

Jared smiles at her and gives her the baby girl.

“So any idea for a name?” Jared kisses the top of her head but all of Sophia’s attention is on her daughter.

“She’s so peaceful....Juliette her name’s Juliette”

“That’s beautiful...now you’ll also have to take care of Bray but you can handle that can’t you Sophie?”

“Yes Jared”

“From now on it’s yes husband...say it”

“Yes h...husband”

“Ok Jared take your new wife to your room and keep her there”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------After Jared leaves with Sophia and Juliette, Carver barks orders at Frank and Cruz. They return with what looks like a blow torch and fear goes through my whole body.

“Challenge 24 and only 3 remain. For this challenge each of you will be branded with my mark so that if my chosen ever does runaway other gangs will know my mark...so ladies just lie down relax and we’ll do the rest...the more you move the more it will hurt...Chloe you will go first”

I watch as he moves towards Chloe’s bed. Chloe lies still while Carver takes hold of her arm and Frank and Cruz hold her down. Chloe screams and then it’s over Carver kisses her forehead and takes out an injection and injects her. He does the same with Lilly and then it’s my turn.

I shake with fear as he comes over with the contraption.

“You’re alright little one just be a good girl and it’ll be over in a few seconds....hold her she’s going to fight” and he’s right I do fight I kick, bite and scream trying to get out of Cruz and Frank’s hold.

Carver just stands there and waits until I have completely exhausted myself.

“It’s a good thing you’re going for a nice long nap”

And then there’s pain, pain like I have never experienced in my life. The fire burns my skin and then there’s a slight pinch as he injects me and then lets my arm fall free.

I look at my arm to see that he has burned the letter C into it.

Seth comes through the door with a brown bag. He sets it down on the floor and then looks up at Carver.

“Who am I doing first?”

“Little one”

“It’s a good thing she’ll be knocked out in a few minutes”

“She’s taking longer than I expected”

Seth disappears from my sight then comes back up wearing them horrible gloves. Next thing I know my nightgown is pulled up and them horrible gloves are touching my skin. The last thing I hear is “Induce her pregnancy I will have my chosen by the end of the week”