CHAPTER 2

CONNOR
I run my tongue over the silver hoop hooked onto my lip as I wait for my black coffee to cool down. Looking at my newest tattoo from yesterday, a purplish, bluish sky with a suburban scene at the bottom inked onto the inside of my forearm, I smile. It reminds me of my roots. Contrary to popular belief, I wasn't always a drug lord. I grew up in a small town in Minnesota with an amazing family, that I still have touch with today, but don't see as often as I would like to. Anyway, I wouldn't want anyone from here knowing that I had a family, it would be another way of blackmailing me. I feel someone over my shoulder and snap out of my thoughts. Without looking, I say irritably, "Can I help you?"

The person clears their throat and walks in front of me and I look up. It's a guy with short brown hair quiffed up. He's wearing a black jumper with blue skinny jeans, and black and gold rimmed Ray Bans. "Kinda" cute.

"Uhhh...again, can I help you?" I snap. I asked for an answer, not a stare.

"Oh, yeah. I-It's Troye... from yesterday. C-can I take a seat here?" He asks.

"Wait, what? You're Troye? Didn't you have long hair?" I ask. He looks nothing like he did yesterday. The only things that really stood out as resemblances were his blue eyes, his full lips, and the handprint wrapped around his neck. I flinch when I see that, that must've been painful.

"Oh, I was wearing extensions." He says while stirring his coffee. "I-I like your tattoo by the way... seems, hmm... nostalgic. May I?" He reaches for my arm and I let him see it. Troye smiles and traces the clouds with his slender fingers while inspecting it. "What's your name?" Troye giggles out. Again, he's "kinda" cute.

"Connor." I just watch him as he looks at my tattoo. "Why exactly did you sit with me? I'm not really interested in the uh, services you offer."

Troye frowns and says, "I'm not offering you sex. Do you see that gang on the other side of the store?" I look up and nod.

"Th-they were there yesterday. After my client was done with me, he just threw me in a room with those guys... A-and they-... Well to start, one of them gave me this mark you seemed to be so intrigued by." Troye points to his neck and my blood boils. No one has the right to treat anyone that way, but I shouldn't be this angry. It's not my business.

I clench my teeth and mutter, "God, I'm going to regret this," but continue, "Troye, go sit by them... A few tables away, but go sit by them." 

Troye's icy blue eyes bulge out and his lip starts to quiver. "B-but why? Why can't I just-"

"Listen Troye. You are gonna be scared of them forever if you don't do something about them. So, I'm gonna need you to trust me... I happen to be good friends with their one of their bosses." I smirk as I say the last sentence.

TROYE
I nod nervously, but for some reason, I trust Connor.

"Now Troye. You need to just go with it. And it's gonna be hella awkward considering I just met you yesterday. This plan may or may not involve some sensual touching and maybe a kiss, but you're experienced with that shit anyway so this is probably gonna be easy for you." He says rudely, but I brush it off and nod, looking sadly at the ground.

"Now go." I nod again and limp to the where they're sitting, looking at my phone as a distraction as I sit down two tables away from them. Seems that I've caught their attention. They keep nudging each other and pointing at me, while I pretend to be completely oblivious to what's happening. Soon enough, the five men walk over. Someone's hand tugs on the collar of my jumper as another slips my phone out of my hands and puts it on the table, so my attention is on them.

"Well, well, well if it isn't Baby Girl. Remember yesterday, when I fucked you into oblivion?" He reaches for my neck, outlining his handprint. I move away from his reach, still looking down.

"Babe! I'm back!" I hear Connor announce as he walks up to me. All the guys move except for the one touching my neck. "Is... Is there a problem here?" Connor asks, warning underlying his cheerful tone. No one says anything so he sits next to me, throwing his arm around my shoulder and looks at the guy's hand. Connor grabs his wrist and pushes it back. "What do you think you're touching?" He mutters.

"The street's slut. Public property man." He says as his hand moves up to my jaw, grasping it painfully. I whimper in pain and Connor grabs his wrist again, and throws it off me.

"Well, he's my property now. So keep your paws off him." Connor mutters harshly and the other guy just smirks.

"If you think he actually loves you, guess again. All this slut wants is a Sugar Daddy to spoil his broke ass." The man insults.

Connor raises his hand into a fist, but before he strikes, I pull it down. Time to do some cute coupley shit.

"Awww... Babe. You're so protective over me!" I grab his hand and kiss his knuckles, "but it's not necessary right now."

Connor gives a forced smile, "You know what, you're right," he dives his face into my neck and I giggle, "I need to save all that energy for tonight in bed, right my Baby Girl?"

All the guys roll their eyes, except the one who left the handprint. "How 'bout a threesome?"

Some people just can't get the hint, can they? Connor mutters quietly under his breath about him regretting something. Then he grabs my jaw and smashes his lips into mine in an extremely long and sloppy French kiss. I move onto his lap and Connor snakes his hands under my jumper, sprawling his hands over the expanse of the bare skin on my back. I pull away and playfully giggle as Connor smiles lovingly at me. We are such good actors.

"Ohhh.... Forgot you were even there. But no, we're gonna have to say no to your offer. Now piss off..." Connor hisses at the man and the guy simply glares as he backs away. The entire gang leaves five minutes after awkwardly, and Connor and I can barely keep in our laughter. We just give in and burst out, I lean my head against his shoulder, trying to catch my breath. After we both quiet down, I clamber off his lap.

"How about a threesome?" Connor mocks the asshole.

"Vigorously makes out instead of saying no." I giggle.

He rolls his eyes, but I can see the smile  he's trying to cover up.

We walk out of the small coffee shop, still giggly but I begin, "Also... I came here to apologize for the way I was acting yesterday. Yeah, I know right, I'm a bitch. But I was just upset and in a decent amount of pain, at least enough to tell you to kindly fuck off."

CONNOR
I laugh, "Understandable, understandable. But you still have all those bruises on you. Especially the one on your neck. Did you treat them?"

Troye shifts uncomfortably, playing with the neck of his jumper to try to cover up his wound.

"Troye. I asked a question. I require a verbal answer." I demand.

He flinches at my tone and replies with a weak, "N-no I haven't treated them."

"Why not? It's not good for you." I chide him for being so irresponsible.

"Can't afford medicine, or anything medicinal at this point." He whimpers and I sigh.

"God, I'm gonna regret this too... I'm taking you to my house so we can fix your injuries. After that, you can leave. I'm not leaving any room for argument. And don't worry, I won't pounce on you like I did at the café."

Troye laughs, "But I didn't really mind that. You're a gooooooood kisser, not gonna lie." Then he sends a wink in my direction.

I scoff and roll my eyes but tease back, "I could say the same to you Baby Girl."

AUTHORS NOTE🌬:
Follow me on tumblr @kingtronler
(I changed the username)
Follow me on Twitter @kingtronler