CHAPTER 10

CONNOR
Troye's back to normal now, well he's still a bit shaken up, but the childishness is now gone.

"We're gonna clean off your cuts first, okay?" I say, taking out the first aid kit again. He always seems to be getting hurt. I've used this damn kit on him more than I have on myself. Troye turns his head, looking at the back of his arm, inspecting the bloody scratches. I take out an alcohol wipe and say, "Baby Girl, this may hurt a bit..."

He nods with fear striking in his eyes. I dab the wipe on the smallest cut and he whimpers, clutching his fists together, biting his knuckles. He seemed to stay strong until it got the the deepest gash and he screams, throwing his arm around my neck and burying his face into it, sobbing quietly at the pain, physical and mental. I hush him, pressing kisses on his head. "You'll be okay, you're so much stronger than you think you are."

(•_•) timeskip (•_•)

We make it to my bathroom and I help him undress. Taking off his shirt, then pulling down his socks and skirt. His underwear was either in that alley or with that fucking perv. I was so close to fucking killing him. And I would have, if I didn't see the look of horror and fear on Troye's face as he begged me not to.

I grabbed his hands, setting him into the tub, then walk away.

"Connor?" A small voice, below a whisper asked. "Stay? Please."

I sigh, nodding. "And sit with me this time, please?"

"Ok Baby Girl."

A long silence follows as he stares off into space while I look at him. "Connor, is there something wrong about me?" He still doesn't look at me.

I shake my head. "No. You're human, and we all have something holding us down, but there's nothing wrong about you. Don't ever say that about yourself."

"Then why do I keep getting raped?" His voice shaking slightly.

"Listen Troye, you-"

"No Connor. Don't try to make it better. Last year, I was raped around once or twice every two months. The years before that, I was um... I was in a dd/lb relationship with someone and it was great in the beginning. But then, I don't know what happened, a-and everything shattered. Connor, I was so young!" Troye looks at me and tears up, "A-and he killed my innocence. He stole my virginity when I was just 16. Blackmailing me into having sex with him. My life is just rape after rape after rape...."

I stay silent and he starts sobbing quietly again. My mind goes to different places all at once, but all I want to do is hold him in my arms and protect him. I bite the side of my lip, and just go with the plan formulating in my head. Pulling my clothes off, I step into the tub. Troye doesn't react, he just moves over, making room for me. I wrap my arm around him and he leans against my bare chest. We sit in silence for a good ten minutes and I speak again. "T-Troye, I have feelings for you." I feel him stiffen and his fingers, that were previously drawing small patterns on my chest, are now just curled up against my skin.

Troye lifts his head away and sits in front of me. "Don't toy with my emotions please... I've been through enough already and-"

"I'm not joking. You know me, I would never kid around about this." I cut him off.

He bites the corner of his lip, but doesn't answer. I shut my eyes and sigh, letting out an exasperated laugh, "...and you don't feel the same..." Troye doesn't answer, and keeps staring at the colorful tattoos adorning the bottom of my arms. He always looks at the suburban one with the bluish-purplish sky. (It's the cover art of blue neighbourhood without Troye in it if you couldn't tell.) "Okay then, just forget that I said anything. I'll- I don't know... I'll try to get over it." I say while rising out of the tub, the loud sound of water splashing breaks the deafening silence. Before I step out, he grabs my wrist and I look down at him. "Stay," he whispers, pleadingly.