CHAPTER 22

CONNOR
I stretch my arms and yawn while walking down the steps to be greeted by Troye sitting at the dining room table, gazing out the window whilst unconsciously turning a small business card over and over again with his fingertips. "H-Hey Babygirl... What's up?" I hug him from the back, wrapping my tattooed arms around his clean, pale skin. I sneak a look at the card before Troye turns it face flat against the table. Adoption agency.

"Hi Connor..." He mumbles and I kiss his cheek.

"What's on that card?" I ask as he tries to slip it in the waistband of his underwear.

"Uhhhhmmm... N-Nothing important, just the-"

"Adoption agency?" I finish for him while pouring my coffee into my mug, looking at him when I finish.

Troye opens his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out so he just nods, looking back down at his lap, fiddling with his fingers.

"Why are so nervous when talking to me about kids Troye?" I sit down next to him, grabbing his hand and passing him his coffee mug with the other. Troye shrugs, "I-I don't know if you're ready... or how you feel about the entire topic of kids itself." I give him a tight lipped smile. "Yeah... That's on me. But let's start now."

Troye nods, nervousness showing in his big blue eyes.

"Okay, I'll start. I'm okay with kids. I've never really thought about it, but I know you have and I'm okay to take the next step if you really want to." I say, rubbing Troye's forearm, trying to comfort him.

Surprisingly, he smiles and says, "I want to take that next step. I've wanted kids since I started working at the Children's hospital... I don't know, I just get nervous around topics like that."

I laugh, a bit confused. "Alright, so do you want to take that card out of your pants and actually call the number?" A giggle tumbles past Troye's lips. Troye's pretty, plump, pink, kissable lips. If you couldn't tell, I've been sexually deprived for the last few weeks. We haven't had sex in a month. A fucking month. I lean in and...

"Um... We promised Adey we'd see her today." Troye says and I lean away groaning, but masking my disappointment with a smile.

"What time?"

"In about half an hour." I groan again and Troye laughs, "Love you!" pecking my lips and I close my eyes, smiling contently.

"Love you too BabyGirl."

(•_•) timeskip (•_•)

"Mr. Troye!" Adelaide gasps, running over and hugging his legs, looking up at  Troye. He looks down, smiling, and picking her up.

"See? Told you I'd come over to play with you!" He says as Adey giggles. "Look! I even brought Connor!" He faces Adelaide towards me and she smiles, waving.

"I like the drawings on your arms Mr. Connor." Drawings? I look down and realize she's talking about my tattoos.

"Thank you Adelaide." I smile and move her hair out of her face.

(•_•) timeskip (•_•)

After hanging out with Adey for 3 hours, Troye and I bring her back to the orphanage and meet her caretaker, the same one who brought up the taboo of adoption. Troye's tapping his foot relentlessly in the office, waiting for I think her name was Grace, the caretaker. Suddenly, the door opens and he turns around quickly to face her.