Chapter 3

Ch: 3 return to Africa

"GIA RUN!" ordered Alex. But Alex ..." pleaded Gia with tears rushing down her face, desperate not to leave her mate. "NOW!"

(End of flashback)

Gia ran as fast her paws would carry her. Tears were still rushing down her face as she ran, with not the slightest idea what was happening to Alex. The only thought in her mind was to run to the safety of the circus. In less than three minuets Gia made it to the clearing.

Franticly, Gia ran around the circus animals until she found Private and Rico had just fired Marty out of the cannon. "Private, do you or Rico know where Skipper is now?" quickly asked the jaguar. Rico replied in his weird grunting language. "What Rico means is, Skipper went on a short mission. Can we be of service?" asked the young penguin. "Animal control captured Alex, they tried to take me too but let them take him to save me. Please save him." Begged Gia. Private, who nearly fainted at Gia's words, answered nervously. "Don't worry, I will get Kowalski and he can track where they are taking Alex to." Both penguins then belly-slid in the direction Kowalski had last been at. Still crying, Gia ran to inform the others what had happened in the woods. She could only hope Alex was still alive and she would see him again. Gia knew the unborn life inside her needed his/her father; she could only her cub(s) would ever meet its father.

(Meanwhile)

Hours had passed since Alex had been captured and put on the next cargo ship to Africa. As Alex lay in his crate, nightmares haunted him as he slept. Later Alex, begin to wake-up. "Gia!" Yelled Alex, bolting upright. "Where am ... not again." Alex saw he stood, in a dry rocky area. The area looked nothing like the reserve and was clearly another reserve with less food and water. Alex stood up and run in hopes of finding out where he was and how to get back to Europe and Gia. As he ran his mind was racing. 'What was it she wanted to tell me before animal control came. What ever it was I need to find food first so I don't go wild like last time in Madagascar.' Until sunset, Alex searched for food with little findings. With the little food he found, Alex knew he would go hunger-crazy soon. If Gia found him, he hoped, in his wild state, he hoped he wouldn't harm her.