Chapter 6

Ch: 17 Past secrets

Gia stepped between Alex and her dad and brother. Gia knew Alex could easily defend himself, but she didn't want them to fight. "Gia, step away from the lion." Said Gia's father angrily (who's name is Avlaro). "No dad, give me one reason I should." Said Gia. "Fine, when you were a cub and we lived in the wild a lion is the reason your sister was killed." Said Gia's dad. After seconds of silence, Alex Jr. spoke. "But jaguars don't live in Africa." They all looked at him. "That is true, but when you, your brother, and sister about 4 weeks old, we were capture by some scientists and were taken to Africa to see how we would adapt to the new area. While I was looking for food one day, I found a lion, who was injured horribly injured from a poacher. So I took him back to the den, where you all were. But the lion knew something we didn't, that the poacher has still in the area and he didn't tell us. He had led the poacher to us and the next think we knew the poacher attacked and your sister didn't survive. The scientists soon took us to this zoo. If you don't believe me, the zoo office has the results of the project." Gia felt tears sting her eyes. "What happened to the lion?" asked Ryan. "He survived, and some how escaped." Said Gia's father. "Dad why didn't you tell me when I was a cub?" asked Gia. "We were going to tell you when you were older, but the circus took you away." Said Gia's dad. "Dad, Mom's starting to wake-up." Said Orlando. Before anyone could move a bluer of a figure bolted and pounced onto Alex. Alex looked up to see what had taken him by surprise to see Gia's mom clawing him and creating sever cuts. Then Alex felt the pain stop, and both Gia and her brother pull their mom away for Alex. Alex breathed a sigh of relief knowing Orlando didn't want him dead unlike like his parents. "Mom, Dad you will not touch Alex again or we will leave." Said Gia getting angry. Gia's mom, Daphne, lost all anger when she heard those words, and was quite. Gia's mom then said after more quietness. "We lost you once Gia, we don't want to again." Gia hugged her mom again in happiness and relief that her family has excepted Alex and the cubs to the family. But secretly, Gia remembered a secret that almost changed her life before she met Alex or the circus.