Chapter 11

Ch: 11 The cubs are born

Time flew by fast (Gia's stitches had healed and were now removed but the scars could still be lightly seen), except for Alex who had been caring for Gia just like he said he would. Gia now looked like she had a watermelon in her stomach and now ready to give birth any day soon. Alex and Gia both hoped that soon that the cubs would be born (Alex secretly also hoped the cubs would be born soon so he could finally go a full night's sleep without having to get up and get Gia a midnight snack for her and the cubs).

One hot July day, Gia was relaxing as she watched Alex practice his trapeze act when it happened. Gia looked down to see that both her legs and where she was sitting were now wet with water. Gia didn't understand what was happening until a contraction came right after it. Gia then understood, her water had broken and the cubs were coming. Gia then grabbed her belly in pain. Up on the trapeze, Alex was about to do another trick when he saw Gia in pain, and jumped down the net, ran to her, saw the water. "Alex, the cubs are coming and I am not going to let them be born out here." Said Gia. Alex picked her up and said. "Don't worry they won't." he then ran to their train car. As Alex ran with Gia in his arms, the other animals noticed this and realized Gia was in labor. Also as they neared the cart Gia kept wondering how many there would be and what they would look like.

They soon reached the train car and Alex made everyone wait out side and shut the door, because he wanted to be alone with Gia. Alex then set Gia down on their bed. "Alex I'm scared." Said Gia as another contraction came. "Don't be I'll be with you every second of this." Reassured Alex. He then kissed his mate. "Alex, can I hold your paw?" asked Gia. Gia then squeezed Alex's hand so hard where he lost feeling in it, but he didn't care because soon his family would grow.

Some time later, the animals hear Gia scream in pain. A little bit later, Alex opened the door and walked out. He could see the anticipation in their eyes. "Both Gia and the cubs are fine. Also there are four of them, two boys two girls." Said Alex. He then let Marty, Gloria, Melman, Stefano, and Vitaly come in to the cart with him to Gia and the cubs. When they got in they saw Gia had just finished licking the last cub clean and was now letting all the cubs nurse. "What are their names?" asked Gloria. Gia then picked up a cub. "We talked it over and we named her Serena." The cub had tan fur like Alex, but had Gia's body and spots. Alex then picked up and other cub with tan fur, dark jaguar spots, and Alex's body type and said. "We named him Ryan (means little king), because in New York I was called the king." Alex then let Gloria hold the small cub. He then picked up the other female cub that looked like her sister but had white fur instead of tan. "I know what you are wondering and her fur is white because where we first got to Africa my dad told me his mom was a white lioness so she got that fur color from my dad's side of the family. Any way we decided to name her Bella (means beautiful)." He then set Bella back with her mother and picked up the last cub. Other than his light jaguar spots he looked like Alex did when he was a cub. "We never did get to name him..." Alex was then cut off by Gia "Alex." Said Gia tired. "What is it?" asked Alex unsure if his mate was in pain. "Alex jr., I want that to be his name. Because he looks like you did when you were little." Said Gia. "Ryan, Bella, Serena, and Alex Jr (A.J. for short or Alex II). Gia smiled knowing his family finally was together, as Alex picked up his newly named son with happeness in his eyes.