Chapter 20

Chapter: 20 Deja vu

One by one Alex Jr used his claws to cut the wires to the security cameras in a breaker box on the back side of the animal control building. In the past hour the group had split up Gloria, Melmen, Marty, and Adora stayed with Alex's parents to watch Ben and try to prevent animal control trapping him, while Alex, Vitally, Serena, and Alex Jr were about to break into the animal control building. Alex Jr closed the box and turned to the others. "The cameras are all down and Dubois should be going after Ben any second, follow me." Said the young cub. Once on the roof, Alex Jr tore open an air vent grate. He sniffed the air a second and then jumped in with the smell in his mind. Serena was next to jump in, then Vitally (since the tiger could jump through a ring-sized hoop, he could easily crawl through an air vent), and lastly Alex joined them. Soon Alex Jr stopped them and climbed out of the vents. When everyone was out of the vents they saw they now stood before a locked metal door. Serena turned to Alex Jr. "Alex, are you sure they are in there?" she asked motioning to the metal door. He nodded and then returned his full attention to the door. Alex Jr walked up to the door, reviled his extremely sharp claws, and began to use one to pick the doors lock until he heard a satisfying click. He then curled his fingers around the large door hand and opened the heavy door to revile a large jungle enclosure that was covered thickly with fake trees and brush allowing good hiding. Alex Jr was about to turn to the others when a young feline pounced from the brush at him with her claws reviled. With lightning quick speed, Alex Jr struck the feline unconscious before the cat touched the ground. When Alex Jr rolled the cat onto her back to revile the unconscious feline's identity, it was Bella. Even still in shock, Serena bent down at her sister's side. "Alex, Bella would never attack anything, what could make her act this?" however Alex Jr wasn't the one to answer but Alex was. "Dubois has been starving all of them. They are being controlled by their instincts." Answered the lion. As if on que, they heard multiple warning growls come from the room.