Chapter 17

Chapter: 17 The secret of a jaguar's past

"Why should we trust you Ben? You tried to kill me the second you found out I was Gia's mate." Alex almost yelled. "You also tried to kill my siblings, Adora, and Me." Added Alex Jr. just as loud. "It may be true I did that, but I know where she went." Said Ben. "How do we know you aren't trying to kill us again?" asked Alex. Ben walked forward a little. "It may be true I still want both you and your cubs to die, she has Gia and I still love her even if she hates me. If I were to try to save her alone I would stand no chance, so I will need your help only because I have no other choice. So let me come with you and I will tell you where she took them." He said. Alex knew eventually Ben would betray him, but he knew he had to save his family. "Fine you can come, now where did she take them?" asked the lion impatient. Ben's answer was simple. "Monty Carlo."

In Monty Carlo animal control HQ

Gia slowly opened her eyes to a faint sound of animals barking and meowing. Gia looked around at her surroundings to see in horror a wall of animals the Dubois had killed over time. She then saw a single plaque on the wall with-out an animal on it. The empty plaque's label had on word on it. Lion. Gia tore her eyes away from it as if it had Alex's head on it. That was when she heard Dubois's voice. She turned to see Dubois yelling at another officer. "You stupid bozo, you let one abominated crossbreed cub stop you from getting the lion." Yelled Dubois. "Captain Dubois, we tried to capture him but it's like it know army combat. We weren't prepared or trained to fight. But as a consolation we did capture three of the four crossbreeds, jaguars, and the four aggressive penguins. The lion may try to come here and free them." Said the other officer. Another animal control officer ran in with a clip board in hand. He handed it to Dubois and said. "Captain Dubois, we have run a history on all the animals, but you should read the juvenile female jaguar's history. I think it could help you capture the lion." Dubois read Adora's history. As she did so an evil grin grew on her face. She then looked back at the officers and said. "Release the young jaguar, she will be the lions undoing." She then threw the clipboard into the air with land next to Gia's cage as the left the room to release Adora. Gia pulled the clipboard into her cage and read it. As she read it her eyes widen in shock and fear. She knew if Alex or Alex Jr. didn't find out soon Adora would get them killed.