Chapter 19

Chapter: 19 I have a plan

(that afternoon)

Time had passed slowly as Alex told his parents the story of the events that had led to Dubois escaping Madagascar to Ben trying to kill him to why they had just arrived in Africa. Both of Alex's parents were horrified with the knowledge that Dubois was free from Madagascar. "Alakay, we know where the animal control building is, but how you get everyone out safely." Asked Florrie. AJ stepped forward. "I have a plan to distract Dubois. If Dubois were to spot an invasive species legally she would be forced to go after it. With Dubois and a large portion of officers chasing the animal, the building will be extremely unguarded and easy to sneak into. The only thing we need is an invasive species." All eyes turned to face Ben, ignoring Adora.

One hour later in the animal control building

Dubois sat watching the multiple security cameras surveying the buildings perimeter waiting for the smallest sign of Alex his cubs. Her fingers curled around a poison dart she intended to kill the lion with. Her focus on the monitors was broken when an officer burst into the room. "Captain Dubois." Said the man with urgency in his tone of voice. "Some officers spotted what they believe to be a jaguar just off the edge of a nearby animal reserve. If the report is true we must capture it and ship it back to Central America." Dubois looked up at him. "Why would a jaguar be in...." her voice trailed off. "Le lion." She muttered. It was at moment that she realized the lion was planning to free the rest of his family. In the background she could faintly hear the growl of Gia. Dubois grinned knowing her trap was set. "We must search for this jaguar immediately or it may escape. Dubois stood and exited the room with officer fast. The same moment Dubois left the room; one by one the security cameras began to be disabled. Once she was outside, if Dubois or any other officer had looked onto the roof, they would have captured a glimpse of Alex climbing into an air vent.