Chapter 7

Ch: 7 So near you, but so far from you

Once again, Kowalski finished his second C.A.T scan on Alex's brain. (No body was sure where the penguins had gotten the machine from in the first place.) The smart penguin then turned to Gia and the others and said. "I have scanned for any physical brain damage and have found nothing." Almost everyone breathed a sigh of relief. "It seems Alex has a sociological memory lose in the frontal lobe of his brain that was caused by a small hit in the back of his head." "How does he remember when he lived in the zoo?" asked Marty. Kowalski then replied. "Memory lose can affect anyone differently." "Will his full memory ever come back?" asked Gia worried. "It is likely that it will, but it could take some days, weeks, or even longer." Said Kowalski. "Isn't there a faster way?" asked Gloria. "I could build some form of a memory jogger, but it will take me about two weeks or a little longer to make it." Replied Kowalski. "What do we do until then?" asked Melman. "Try to let him remember on his own and don't tell him any thing he doesn't remember. Try showing him things that that could jog his memory." Answered the penguin. "Can't I at least tell him we are mates?" Asked Gia. "No, my studies have shown that it is best to let a patient with this form of amnesia to let them remember on their own. Now, I told him that the zoo sent him on a tour around the world, and he is now calmed down. Just remember what I told you."

(Later that night)

Gia sat out side of her old train car, (She had to move back since Alex didn't know they were mates) when she saw a shadowy figure walk up to her. It was Alex. "Hi Gia" "Hi Alex, what are you doing up this late?" asked Gia sadly. "Sometimes I go for a night time walk, what are you doing?" questioned Alex. Remembering Kowalski said Gia replied. "I was thinking about my mate." "Did I know him?" asked Alex not knowing he was Gia's mate. "Yes you did, but he isn't around any more." "I am so sorry." Said Alex trying to change the subject. "How long have you been pregnant?" asked Alex. "Almost two weeks." Alex found the jaguar very beautiful even if she was pregnant. "Your mate was very lucky to have a jaguar like you for a mate." Complimented Alex. The sadness Gia felt from learning Alex had amnesia vanished at the sound of this. 'Maybe I can make him remember he loves me.' Thought Gia. "Alex do you have a mate?" asked Gia. "Not that I know of." Replied Alex. Without another word Gia stood up, raped her arms around Alex, pulled up as close to him as her pregnant body would allow her to, and pulled Alex into a long lasting kiss. At first, Alex was shocked that the beautiful jaguar was kissing him but the shock quickly vanished and was replaced by passion. Minutes later, Gia broke the kiss to see Alex with a love struck look on his face. "Do you remember any thing now?" asked Gia. Alex snapped out of the trance and said "No." Gia sighed, knowing that the kiss had not worked. Gia then said good night to Alex and walk into her train car. Just before she went to bed Gia felt something lightly hit heron her stomach. She quickly found out her unborn cub(s) were kicking her. Putting her hand on her stomach and began to rub it. "I hope your father remembers you, before you meet him." Whispered Gia to her belly. The feline then curled up into a ball and went to sleep.