Chapter 8

'Why did Gia kiss me?' thought Alex as he lay down in his bed. Alex was not sure why the pregnant jaguar, who had just talked about losing her mate, had kissed him with passion. Alex brushed of the thought and tried to go to sleep.

(in Alex's dream)

Alex opened his eyes and saw he was sitting in a crowd of people. Alex was not sure why nobody was running from him until, he tried to touch some one and his hand went through some one as if Alex was a ghost unable to be seen or heard. Alex then saw he was in a circus tent (the circus) and that the show was starting. After the rocket dogs and Sonya finished their acts, neon rings appeared and Alex saw Gia and a lion begin to do trapeze. 'This must have been Gia's mate.' Thought Alex. Alex was about to see the lion's face when he woke-up.

(End of dream)

Alex bolt up in bed unsure if what had happened in his dream meant. Early that morning, Alex knocked on Gia's train car door hoping she was awake. Gia finally opened the cart door surprised to see Alex. "Alex what are you doing here?" asked Gia. "Gia I had this weird dream last night, and have something to ask you." Said Alex. "What is it?" asked the tired jaguar. "Was your mate a lion?" asked Alex. Gia instantly woke-up and said. "Yes he was, do you remember anything else?" Alex nodded, "In my dream I saw you and your mate doing trapeze on neon rings, but I couldn't see your mate's face." Gia was about to say something when she felt small pain in her stomach. She then grabbed her stomach in pain. "Are you ok?" asked Alex. "Yes, my cubs are just kicking." Gia then grabbed Alex's hand and put it on her belly. Alex felt the tiny life kicking inside the female jaguar. Suddenly, Alex saw a memory flash before his eyes of the trapeze. Alex let go of Gia's belly and said. "Gia I have to go." Alex then ran off with the memory on his mind.

Soon, Alex was at the top of the trapeze holding a bar. 'Why did I come up here last time?' thought Alex. He was then suddenly pushed from be hind by someone, forcing him to hold on to the bar and do trapeze. Alex looked to see who had pushed him and saw Gia smiling on the post. 'Maybe this will get him to remember something.' Hoped Gia as she watched Alex try to get back to the post.