Chapter 16

Chapter: 16 a short reunion

Hours passed and Alex had not yet woken up. About this time, the rest of the circus arrived. They all ran to the cage to see Gia with dried tears on her face and the cubs not much better. They saw Alex still unconscious laying on the ground with stiches in his stomach area. They all knew he would live but Alex Jr. had told him what may happen to his mind. They all thought back to how in some way he had improved each one of their lives. Gia took his limp paw in her paw. "Please Alex, wake-up. I need you, the cubs need you, the circus needs you." Begged Gia. She was about to set his paw back down when his paw twitched. Hope rose threw Gia when she felt this. Little by little life returned to the lion, until his eyes began to open. Alex slowly leaned up and put one paw on his head. "My head is killing me." Spoke the lion. Gia kissed him just after he said this. Sadly this moment was interrupted by a canister of knock-out gas flew into the pen. The gas knocked out every animal but the penguins and Alex Jr. who had built up immunity in their training. They looked up to see in gas masks, was Captain Dubois and over ten other animal control officers. "Get the lion!" she yelled.

That afternoon

Alex bolted up to find himself in the same place he had been knocked out at unmoved. He looked around to see Gia, her parents, brother, Bella, Serena, Ryan, the penguins, and Adora were gone. Alex Jr. walked up to him. "What happened?" Alex asked standing up. "Dubois attacked with a lot of officers, they knocked you guys out and the penguins and me tried to keep her away but they almost got to you. Uncle Orlando, grandma and grandpa, Serena, Ryan, Bella, Adora, and even the penguins were taken. Mom woke up and she shielded you but was captured by Dubois I managed to keep you and the other animals safe. They are all in the train, I was about to move you there too but you woke-up." Said Alex Jr. remembering the events. "Where did she go with them?" asked Alex scared for his family. "I can tell you." Said a voice. They both turned to see who had made the voice. They turned to see Ben.