Prologue

Ciara's P.O.V.:

Dean came home at 2:30 am that night. I sat on the couch, waiting his arrival.

"Babe, you're still up. I thought you'd be sleeping by now," he said as he put the keys on the table.

"Someone sent me a text. That you were--" I closed my eyes and looked down at the floor, "with someone else. Is it true?" I asked him, scared to hear the answer. He didn't answer however. The look in his eyes said enough.

"Why?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"Ciara please let me explain," he started. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to continue. "I thought it was you," he said eventually, "I thought you were there. I was drunk and I wasn't thinking. I'm so sorry!" He finished.
I stayed quiet for a while.

"How could you do this to me!? I thought you loved me!? Don't you understand how much you hurt me!? I don't ever want to see you again!" I shouted as I bitchslapped him. Did I really just do that?

"Ciara I do love you. I really do, I just made a mistake. Please forgive me. You know how much I love you. I proved that to you," he said with tears in his eyes as he held up the promise ring around my finger. I shook my head and took the ring off. I gave it back to him and pointed to the door and yelled that he had to get out of here. He looked at me with pain and tears in his eyes. Then he left.

I just broke up with the love of my life. I sat down against a wall and cried my eyes out. I'll never be the same.