Chapter 20

Ciara's P.O.V.:

I can't believe it. I had to get out of the house. I grabbed my purse, put my Skechers on and headed out the door.
I heard Dean calling my name, but I didn't look back. I kept walking and started to run. I never run. What's wrong with me.
I went to my favourite quiet place and sat down to think for a while. My phone rang a couple of times but I ignored it. I couldn't deal with anything right now. I needed to think.

How could they both keep it a secret for so long? Lau probably didn't know it was him in the first place, but Dean did. He's responsible. Whenever he was with the lads he'd make sure he would stay sober, since he was the only one driving. Was the dream I had last night a flashback of what happened? But we weren't engaged then. My head hurts.

I lay down in the grass and stared at the blue sky. I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh hair. I could not not forgive Lau. I looked into her eyes and saw regret. She didn't mean for it to happen, I'm sure.

My phone rang again and I picked up this time, without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello," I said absentmindedly.

"Hey, Ciara, it's me, Ryan. Everything alright?" he said.

"Oh, hey Ryan. Yeah I'm fine. How are you?" I asked.

"I don't know how to ask you, but what the hell happened? Lau hasn't stopped crying since you walked out of the door and Dean's all over the place. He doesn't understand what's happening," he explained.

"Wh-- are you-- I'll be right there and I'll explain everything," I said and got up. I hung up the phone and headed back already dreading the conversation I was going to have with Dean. I hate the fact he kept this from me, but at the same time I don't want to lose him.

I arrived back at the house after 20 minutes and headed inside.

"Oh my God Ciara, baby, finally! Where have you been? What's happened," Dean said and held me in his arms, but I'm pushed him off.  He frowned in confusion.

"I'll deal with you later. I want to talk to Lau first," I walked past him and sat down next to Lau on the sofa. Big tears rolled down her cheeks and she kept saying 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

"Lau, relax. Calm down. I thought about it for a while. It's okay, I promise. I'm actually glad you told me," I said and she looked at him with big eyes as if I was talking Russian.

"What?" She asked in disbelief.

 "I promise you, it's okay," I said and hugged her tight.

"What has she done?" Ryan asked.

I scanned the room for Cian, but didn't spot him. Where was he? His girlfriend is in pieces.
"She kissed Dean the day before he and I broke up," I said, but kept looking at Lau, craddling her in my arms until she calmed down a little.

"Mate, did you know it was her?" Dayl asked, but he shook his head.

"Honestly it didn't know. Ciara, I am so sorry, I had no clue. It was dark and, yeah, there was this twisted, drunk girl on the floor, I had no idea who it was. Next thing I know, she has her lips against mine and the next second she's throwing up," he said and pulled a face of disgust.

"It's okay. It's in the past. I had time to think about it. It's in the past and a very wise movie taught me that you whatever happened in the past doesn't matter anymore," I said, trying to sound wise.

"Ciara. That's literally a quote from The Lion King," Josh said.

"Indeed it was. So, what's your point?" I said with a straight face.

Dayl and Josh started to laugh and fell on the floor. What's so funny? I shrugged and decided to let it go.

"You really forgive me?" Lau asked and wiped her tears away. I nodded and hugged her again.

"Yes, Lau, please, don't worry about it. It's all going to be okay. We're sisters from other misters, remember?" I winked and kissed her cheek. She let out a soft giggle.

"Speaking of misters: where's Cian?" I asked and looked at Dayl and Josh whose laughs instantly stopped after I asked that question.

"Honestly? I haven't seen Cian since yesterday afternoon," Dayl said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

Where in the world was that boy?