Chapter 2

Ciara's P.O.V.:

I grabbed a tissue and blew my nose for what felt like the billionth time today. I hate having the flu and a cold. It's not funny.
I turned the tv on and snuggled into my blanket.

I must've fallen asleep, because I woke up by a wet cloth dabbing my forehead. I groaned.

"Ssshhh, it's okay, it's me," the voice said, I immediately recognized as Laurine.

"When did you get home?" I asked in a groggy voice.

"About two hours ago. It's 5:30 pm right now and I made you soup," she said and sat down on the bed. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Like trash," I coughed, "how was school?" I asked back.

"Great," she said, but she lied. I could tell. She's been hiding something from me for a while now, but she won't tell me what it is.

"Listen, I have to tell you something," she said and chewed on her lip, suddenly getting really nervous. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly.

"Uhm, okay, are you okay?" I asked a bit worried and confused at the same time. Was she going to tell me the thing she's been hiding from me?

"I hope you won't hate me after this. I was hoping it would do you some good, but I got us tickets to HomeTown," she said and looked away from me. Not what I was expecting. I don't want to hurt her feelings. She must've gone through a lot of trouble.

"Okay," I said eventually, "when's the concert?" I coughed and grabbed another tissue to blow my nose.

"The day after tomorrow," she chuckled a bit awkwardly. I raised my eyebrows.

"I better get healthy, like, right now," I said and got up, "I'm going to take a shower," I added and went to the bathroom. I knew I couldn't face him after what happened, but I wanted to go for Lau. Eventhough she knows what happened between us, she still loves the band and this'll be her first gig. I have to suck it up and go to the concert. As I stepped into the shower I could hear Roses through the walls. I could hear her sing a long as well. She doesn't have a bad voice.
I stepped out of the shower after a half an hour and felt slightly better. Thank God for hot showers. As I walked back to my room I couldn't help but think:
Was going to the concert a good idea or a bad one?