Chapter 26

Ciara's P.O.V.:

We went back to the hospital the next morning during visit hours. It's from 10 am till 5 pm, so we had a good 5 hours with her.
Dean, Cian, Ryan and I arrived at the hospital at 9:45. We headed to Lau's room and sneaked in not caring that it wasn't visiting time yet. I looked at her and saw she was still sleeping. She had more colour though, so that was good.

"I'm going to get us all some Starbucks," Dean said and kissed my cheek.

"I'll come with you," Ryan said and they left.

Laurine opened her eyes at 10:30 and kept her eyes fixed on the ceiling. I took her hand in mine and gave it a little squeeze. She immediately turned her head to me and I noticed that her eyes lit up a little. Tears formed in my eyes and I hugged her.

"I'm so happy you're still alive," I whispered in her ear. I felt her giggle.

"You're not getting rid of me that easy," she smiled with sleepy eyes.

"Thank God," I squeezed her hand. Her eyes focused on the person behind me and I looked over my shoulder. Cian. I glanced at her again and saw her smile fade and she focused her eyes on the ceiling again. I'd give anything to know what she was thinking.

"Maybe I should come back later," Cian said, a bit of disappointment clear in his tone. Neither Laurine nor I said something. Cian reached for the door.

"I'll join you soon, Cian. I want to talk to Lau for a while," I smiled at him. He nodded and left.

Her eyes kept focusing on the ceiling.
"Lau, what happened?" I whispered, afraid to hear the answer.
"I tried to end my life," she said, tears forming in my eyes, "thought everyone would be happier without me. There won't be so much drama without me. I hurt the people I love and I'll never forgive myself."

"You may not forgive yourself, which you should, but all of us have forgiven you. We were by your bedside the whole time," I said. She nodded.
"I know. I heard you talk," se said and she made eyecontact with me, "I don't understand why you'd forgive me. I can't believe you have. I kissed your boyfriend," she sobbed. I lay down next to her and wrapped my arms around her.
"Yeah, but that's not relevant anymore. It's in the past. We should focus on the future and what it holds for us. And you should talk to Cian, Lau. He really wants to talk about what happened." She nodded again.

"I want to talk to him as well. Can you please check if he's still here? And if he is can you tell him to come?" she asked and I smiled.

"Of course," I kissed her cheek and got up. I walked out the room and saw Dean and Ryan talking to Cian. I walked over to them and wrapped my arms around Dean.

"Cian. Lau wants to see you," I said and his eyes lit up. I took my cup from Dean and took a sip. Ah, sheer wonderfulness. Is that a word? It is now.

"See you guys later," Cian said and went to the room Lau was in. I do hope everything'll be okay now.