Chapter 5

Laurine's P.O.V

I bite my lip and turn on my heel.
"I'll just go." I murmur, feeling awkward.
"Laurine?" Dean calls. I turn, reluctant.
"It's good to see you."
I smile at him. "You too Dean, the show was great."
He smiles at me though it's strained.
"You can wait back there if you want." He points me towards a little lounge, a quiet one and I gladly accept.
I slink down onto the couch and watch through the creak in the door, though I can't tell very much from this.
I must be sitting here for a good ten minutes when both Ciara and Dean disappear from sight. I can still here the murmur of their voices so they must've just sat down.

"Dean what the....oh sorry." A voice says behind me making me jump.
I turn and try to contain my excitement.
Cian Morrin is standing behind me, shirt in his hand instead of on him. I try not to giggle. He throws his shirt back on, much to my disappointment I must admit, and comes to sit down a safe distance from me.
"So I'm Cian." He grins holding out his hand for me to shake. I giggle.
"I'm sorry. I'm Laurine. I'm not stalking you I swear."
He laughs and the sound is just musical.

"That's a pretty name for a pretty girl." He smiles.
I blush.
"But do tell me how you ended up all alone in here."
I smile, feeling very shy.
"I guess I kind of know Dean?"
Cian laughs. "You don't sound so sure."
"He dated my friend." I shrug.
And then he understands.

"He's with her now then?" Cian asks, curiosity burning in his eyes.
I nod. "What's the deal? How come you and Dayl seem so intrigued?"
He grins. "We've just never been allowed ask about her. It's out of bounds.
We've heard bits and pieces from his family but nothing much."
I nod. "Ciara doesn't really talk about it either."
Cian smiles at me again.
"I saw you in the crowd earlier. I guess you could say you caught my eye. Looked like you had fun anyway."
I nod.
"It was amazing. Like honestly I've been so excited but I felt so bad for bringing Ciara and then it started and everyone was having a blast." Ah I'm babbling.

Cian smiles at me again.
"So tell me things that you're interested in."
I shake my head.
"Nah I wouldn't want to bore you."
He sighs. "Please?"
I shrug.
"I mean I'm interested in loads of things. I love music. I'm such a fangirl. And the Lion King. It's just perfect like everything about it is just wow and I'd love to learn the guitar but I'm still working on that and... I'm sorry. I'll stop."
"Hey." Cian's voice is gentle.
"Why are you apologising? That was beautiful. Your eyes lit up and the excitement in your tone was so evident and why would I be anything but amazed?"
Now I'm really embarrassed. He leans over and hugs me, taking my hand and pulling me up.
"Can we get a picture?" He asks.
He's asking me?

"I'll send it to you on Twitter." He grins at me.
"It was lovely talking to you but we've an interview in a few minutes. Never lose that sparkle Laurine." Dean walks into the room just then and I can't read his expression. He's ready for the onslaught of questions from the lads, calm, composed.
"Cmon Dean we have ten minuets to get ready!" Cian tells him as the panic begins. Both of them take off in a sprint as Dean shouts his goodbyes to me over his shoulder. When they're gone I walk back out into the empty concert hall. Ciara is sitting on a step with her back to me.
"Ciara?"