Chapter 24

Ciara's P.O.V.:

Cian and I were sitting by her bedside. A week has passed and all I could hear was her heartmonitor beeping. I held Lau's hand. She was on life support with a massive tube stuck down her throat, but they removed that thing yesterday thankfully.
Dean came in with three Starbucks cups and gave two of them to me and Cian. Dean put his hand on my shoulder and gave it a little squeeze. Come on, Lau, wake up.
I looked down at my hand holding hers and it was then when I noticed scars. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I hope it's not what I think it is.

"She'll pull through, Angel. I promise," Dean said and kissed my head softly. I couldn't say anything so I just nodded.

"No way, mate! Batman's better than Superman!" I heard a voice say as 3 guys entered the room. Josh, Dayl and Bren. I looked at them and smiled a little.

"No, no way. I choose Deadpool," Josh chuckled and he looked at the three of us. We must look like zombies.

"Jesus, who died?" Dayl said and I glared at him. His eyes widened and put his hands up in defense.

"What are you doing here, lads?" Dean asked them.

"We're here to swim, but I can't find a pool," Dayl said, trying to keep a straight face. Brendan shook his head and sat down next to me. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled my close in a hug. I let go of Lau's hand and hugged him back.
"Thank you for being here," I whispered and held Lau's hand again.
I glanced at Cian who hasn't said a word. He's just staring into a big void. I wonder what he's thinking right now.
I looked at Lau and notice how fragile she is.

**FLASHBACK**
Lau comes home in a fit of anger and throws her bag against a wall.
"Woah, what happened to you?" I ask and get off  the couch.
"Remember Tom?" She says and looks around, probably to break something.
"The guy who kissed you at the party last night?" I ask and she nods. I look beside me and see an awful vase. I grab it and give it to her.
"He says he can't be in a relationship with freak like me!" She yells and breaks the vase on the floor. He what.
"Babe, come here," I walk over to her and hug her with all my might.
"He's always been an asshole. You don't deserve him anyway," I say as I rub her back, "Who knows, maybe you and Cian will become a thing in the future," I smirk.
"Yeah right,"  she chuckles.

**FLASHBACK OVER**

My thoughts are interupted by a squeeze in my hand. I look at my hand, but there's only one that's not on my lap. Lau's holding it. She's squeezing it. Oh my God. I look at her and see her open her eyes.

"Lau?" I whisper as tear flow down my cheeks. Gasps fill the room and she turns her head to look at me. A slight smile forms on her lips.

"Hey, you," she whispers. She's back! Laurine's back!