Chapter 2: Trey

I was walking to school as usual. Then I felt a car pull up behind me. It was Trey, short for Treyvon. He was the drug lord king son. And he made sure everyone knew.

He was the typical popular boy. Rich and good-looking. The guys wanted to be him and the girls wanted to be with him.

He sported a boosie cut that was blonde in the front, an 8 pack, (the man was strong) a smile that could kill, pearly whites, and he knew how to dress. He's never caught wearing the same thing twice. He hates it but he looks a lot like Issa. Everyone knew his dislike of it, he hates being compared to (he has a big ego). Last time a girl brought up his resemblance to Issa, although it's a compliment, he went off on her.

So childish.

I don't like him if you couldn't tell, but it's mostly because he's cocky. He lives off his dad, and he has no goals. He acts like his grown but don't own up to the responsibilities. Other than the looks, the personality wasn't there. And I have standards; I'm not the type to go for someone because of lust. Like they say a bad personality can kill a pretty face.

Unfortunately, for some reason he likes to bother me.

"up, down, up, down, danm ma that booty doing a lil dance" he smirked. He was following me with his car. "ew" I thought. Who talks to girls like that?

"Leave me alone, Trey" I said

"Danm you act like you can't give a brother the time of day, you know you want this. Girl stop playing"

Yeah...see what I mean. It's like he don't get the hint. It's these girls fault though. They act like they don't want him, then as soon as he says "hey" they give it all away. Now, he got this mindset that he can get any girl he wants.

"Trey are you serious, look I ain't friendly, now can you let me walk to school in peace" I said.

"I'll drive you" he says.

"Nah I'm good, I'm almost there" I claimed.

"Fine then, you know where to find me" he fumed.

He sped away in his car (a black and red Bugatti Veyron). I arrived 5 minutes later. I went to my locker, threw my bag in, grabbed my English textbook and locked it.

I looked around for my girl Jae. Jae was probably the only girl I can be friends with. I knew her since 3rd grade. She was cool, not about the drama and kept it real.

Sometimes a little too real. She had a flawless caramel complexion. Curly natural hair. She's half black half Cuban. She was short but she was packing. She had a lil booty and curvy bust. And at a flutter in an eye, get the boys to do what she wants.

...I think it's the dimples, yup! It's definitely the dimples.

"Heyyy boo" she said smiling coming up to me.

"Hey Jae wassup" I said hugging her.

I swear we always end up matching somehow without planning.

We were both wearing the newest Jordan's it was red, white and baby blue.

I was wearing a red cropped shirt that had red lace with white shorts that had baby blue design on it.

While she was wearing a white cropped shirt with baby blue lace and red shorts. I chuckled to myself.

"The usual"

I nod. We walk to drama class together.

The whole day went by slow, until it got to lunch time.

I was sitting at the table drinking a slushy, lost staring off in space, when Jae came and sat by me.

"What's wrong?"she asked referring to the blank look in my face. She knew me better than I knew myself so I couldn't lie to her.

"Just thinking" I said.

"About what?"

I sighed.

"Well...My mom is getting worse by the day. I love her, a lot. That's my day one. I know she's not going to like this but I need the money. I want to start selling. Andy said if I was interested I could holler at him, he was probably joking but I took it to heart. I need the money so my mom can get treatment" I said slowly.

It felt good to tell someone.

"Oh" she said.

"What?" I asked

"Well I don't really know what to say. I mean you do know what you're getting yourself into, right?"

"I know, I know, but think about losing your mom. The only thing you have left in the world, apart from you of course."

"I guess you're right. It's hard outchea. It ain't no paradise. I ain't going to lie. I was actually considering being a stripper. "

I laughed.

"Whatever makes you happy" I replied.

Then we both busted out laughing.

"No, but forreal" said Jae.

"I understand Jae, I mean you have to support your mom and your little brother, I'm going to continue school though. Joining Dre's crew doesn't mean school's any less important. I'll finish school and get my degree. I just want my mom to be there along the way" I confessed. At least that's what I told myself at the time.

"You and I both boo. We'll do it together" she said.

"Ok" I agreed

we did our corny friendship handshake and laughed.

Little did I know that once you're inside the business. It's hard to get out.

-

-

-

The 1st few chapters are short but it gets longer and better later on.