Chapter 22

NOT EDITED

Jae POV:

"Hey Baby" Swimmie said as he pecked my lips.

"Hey boo" I said nervously.

"Who's car is out there? Did Kaycee get a new car?" He asked.

"No..." I answered.

He paused on his route to the couch.

"Well?" He asked.

"I've been saving up for a new car, and I've finally managed to buy one" I lied.

"Oh" He smiled. "Aww my baby's all independent and shit. You know you could've just asked and I would've bought it." He said.

I smiled a closed lip smile. "I know but I wanted to do something by myself for once. Even though it doesn't really count, I just saved all the allowance you gave me"

He chuckled. "Of course it counts baby. It's your money and you decided to save it for something you really wanted. Oh and don't forget to give me the papers. I'll have my lawyer go over it to make sure the dealer didn't try to pull any trick"

I panicked.

"Oh no, I want it to be all me baby. No helping out on this one." I said smoothly.

He smiled. "Alright. If you say so"

He sat on the couch and I went and sat on his lap.

"Can we go somewhere? I've been in the house all day." I said peering at him through my lashes.

"Man, you're going to be the death of me..." He blew out a breath. " Alright, I want to try out your new baby anyway" He said.

Think fast! I thought.

"Umm, It needs a few repairs. It can't really be driven right now" I told him.

"Oh ok. I'm good with cars, I'm sure I can fix it." He said.

"I already have someone on the way that's coming to pick it up." I rushed.

He laughed. "You feel really strong about this car don't you."

I smiled and nodded my head.

He shrugged. "Alright. Let's go" He said.

I grabbed my purse and followed him out the door, my heels click-clacking on the way.

He opened his car door for me before going around and entering. What a gentlemen, I thought.

Any guy can become the man a girl desires him to be, she just need the right techniques and some convincing.

Guess I need to go buy a car if I'm going to make this believable, I thought.

He pulled out the parking lot and drove down the street.

I hope Kyle got the hint and let himself out, I thought.

I looked at Swimmie and smiled.

"Are you sure you trust the person who's going to fix your baby? They might try and steal it." He said.

I laughed. "Babe, I got this. OK" I told him.

"Ok, if you say so." He said shrugging.

I shook my head. I was laughing, but deep down I felt guilty.

Why was he so good to me?

I looked out the window.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked.