Chapter 18

Kendric Pov:

I just stood there amazed.

Wow she is so beautiful. I noticed the things about her that was mine and the things that were her mothers. 

She walked up to the podium and spoke. 

She was well spoken and confident. I expected a string of colorful words out her mouth but was met with decency and intellect.

I've never been so proud.

In that moment I realized that my daughter is a young lady.

It killed me when she said that Dre was the dad she never had. Especially since I know it's true.

I missed all the years that I was suppose to have with her. Tucking her in bed and reading her stories.Her losing her 1st tooth, everything.

I've never felt more hate for someone in that moment.

All this was her mother's fault, Linda Mack(Kaycee's mom name), man I hate that bitch.

I even wifed her. Smh

When you're young you make dumb mistakes.

These hoes ain't loyal, took me a while to realize.

I don't know what Linda told her, knowing her she's gonna make up some story to cover herself.

Whatever it is, I need to get that shit settled a.s.a.p.

"Everyone here is my witness when I say this Trey. I've only known you for 3 months but I'm falling in love with you and I can only hope that you are too" she said ending her speech.

Trey?

Who the fuck is Trey?

Oh hell no! that nigga did not just kiss my daughter.

*****

Kaycee Pov:

"Everyone here is my witness when I say this Trey. I've only known you for 3 months but I'm falling in love with you and I can only hope that you are too" I said , putting my heart on my sleeves and hoping I don't get hurt.

The room went silent. I held my breath peering over at Trey through my lashes. He came over to me and pull me into a kiss.

He slid his hands around my waist and I put my hands around his neck.

I distantly remember hearing the crowd cheer and series of whistles and hooting.

All that didn't matter because I was right where I needed to be, with who I wanted, nothing could be better.

But I couldn't help but feel that queasy feeling inside gnawing at my heart.

Whatever it is, I'll be fine as long as Trey, Jae, Dre and my mom is by my side.

*****

Trey Pov:

Man, tbh I was feeling some type of way right now.

I never cheesed so hard. A nigga happy a'f.

I feel like a king walking around with Ce'ce in my arms.

Everybody gave us a hug and wished us well. Some people were a little too friendly the usual.

It just felt good to be surrounded by family, all this love in air.

Everybody was settling down at the table in the hall. 

The table was about 5 miles long. I was thankful that my seat was by my dad, at the head of the table like usual.

Kaycee's was right by mine of course.

I looked over at her and squeezed her hand making her smile.

I realized that I'll never get tired of this smile. I'm lucky a'f to have her as mine and it's stupid that I keep making these silly mistakes.

Imma be faithful no matter what, but in order for this relationship to work, I have to find the right time.

"You ok?" Cece asked.

I grinned. " I'm more than ok. I got you right here with me, why wouldn't I be."

She grinned and I instinctively kissed her. 

Before we could get into it my dad interrupted.

"Trey, now is not the time. Y'all can have y'all moment later" He said.

I saw Cece blush and duck her head. Me and my dad chuckled.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I wanted you to work with Trey. That was wrong of me, I kind of put you on the spot. If you don't want it we can work something else, but I really pray you don't change your mind." My dad said.

Cece laughed.

"It's fine Dre, I don't mind, a heads up would've been nice though. but why me?" she asked.

My dad smiled.

" You know a legend when you see one. I'm putting my trust with you, don't dissapoint me." He said.

"Well, I kind of feel like a legend already. I'm the 1st black girl in the group, 1st female co-captain. I can only wonder what's next." Cece said smiling.

"Well, you're the 1st co-captain period. and well we just have to see what comes next." my dad said.

Cece laughed. "I guess" she said.

A thought occured to me. Why was my dad being so nice to her?

I know danm well it couldn't just be because she's the girl I've been crushing on.

There's way more to this that he's no telling me and the way he was so quick to attach her to our business tells me it's big.

My dad has trust issues, there's no way in just 3 months Kaycee could manage to become co-captain.

This seems fishy. 

I had a bad feeling since the 1st day. Which is the reason why I opposed her joining, and I have a feeling that I was going to be proven right soon.

*****

hmm....

What is Dre up to?

What's going to happen next?

Brace yourselves for a whole lot of drama next chapter!

Old faces are going to reappear!

It's just getting started baby!

Comment! Comment! Comment!

If you don't comment the chapters will be short and I will have no way of knowing how to improve, what I need to change.

Vote! Vote! Vote!

If you don't vote. I will not update. Simple.

Follow! 

When I update you won't know unless, you follow but there's no real need to follow but a few chapters from now there will be an R rated scene which means private...

Show me love and I will too.

XOXO

Karma