Chapter 24

Trey Pov:

I've never been so scared of my life.

I've never ever cried  before.

Yet here I was my head in my hands and the tears were gushing out and I couldn't stop them.

Flashback:

Breaking news

High school student Kaycee Jones was in a fatal car crash this morning just now. She has been stabilized and brought to the hospital. Will she pull through? Only time will tell.

The offender is no where to be found but the cops are hot on the trail.  If you have any ideas or helpful clues please call 1-8an-ony-mous.

I stared at the screen in shock. Is this a class project? A joke or what?

Flashback Over

Everything after that is a blur to me. I just know somehow I ended up with one of my knuckles cracked, this scar on my head and arms.

"Don't worry son. I already got people on it." My dad reassured running circles on my back.

I just nodded,unable to do anything else.

 I just don't know anything anymore. My other half isn't here with me.

She's on a motherf*cking hospital bed! 

My heart feels so heavy.

I miss her already. Man, if she pulls through I'll be the best man she's ever had.

I just want her to be okay. That's all. I just want her to be okay.

Please,let her be okay.

Let her still love me.

Please.

*****

It's been 12 hours. Kaycee just finished surgery.

She had a lot of glass in her body that needed to be remove. She fractured a few ribs and she won't be able to walk for a while when she pulls through.

There's a chance that she will suffer temporary memory loss, the doctors aren't sure about that.

I walked back and forth. 

"Eat something" My grandma said.

Once she heard the news she came down to the hospital as support. I knew she had a soft spot for Kaycee.

"I'm fine." I told her in a firm voice. She's been asking me every 5 minutes for the past hour.

She sighed. "Fine" She said finally giving up. "Your weak a$$ just gon miss out. I spent my valuable time cooking your favorite food too. Watch next time you ask remember this moment aight." She said fuming.

I sighed. "I'm sorry grandma. I just don't have no appetite."

"I have information." My dad said walking in the waiting room.

He threw the bag he was holding in his hand at me.

"Let's go talk and then go take a shower and change. Kaycee's going to wake in a few hours. The least you could do is look nice for her." He ordered.

I nodded. I knew he was hurting too. Kaycee had became a daughter to him and he wasn't making any jokes like he usually do. Not that I mind, I don't like the idea of him trying to kiss me.

We walked towards the elevator and hopped in. We got out the building and got in my dad's car.

My dad sighed a shaky breath. "Ok... Where do I start?" he asked.

"Just let it out" I said.

He looked at me. "Ok. well...Kaycee's mom managed to get Poppa on her side." He blurted.

"What?" I asked unsure of what I heard.

"I lost my biggest connection to Kaycee's mom."

"Why would Poppa be in on this?" 

"You did mess around with Tina"

I sighed. I bang my head against the safety bag.

"hey! Stop. You're hurting my baby." My dad said rubbing the spot I hit my head with.

He sighed. "Now look, you done left a dent."

"Pops can you be serious?" I asked.

"ok. I say we probe them." He suggested.

"Ok." I said already getting ready to go find them, before I could close the door he stopped me.

"No,no,no son. That's not what I meant. We're past that level in the game. We don't go get them, we send guys to go get them for us." 

"I don't trust none of these lil niggas around here. For all I know they probably the main one."

"Kaycee will need you when she wakes up"

I looked at him and sighed.

"Alright. What do you have planned?" I said looking at him.

He smiled. "I got something he wants. This is what we do..."