chapter 6 the flower blooms

I heard something that seems to be coming from a TV. I felt like I was on something soft and comforting. I slowly open my eyes and let my pupils get use to the blinding light. I looked around, and caught my breath.

I saw a gigantic television perched on top of a gorgeous 100% glass table decorated with beautiful objects of all type. There was a ballerina, football player, dolphins and so much more. In front of it sat a much smaller glass table but the details stated that they were both from the same set, except this one had black wood at the bottom as support.

All the walls and carpet were white and matched by Zebra striped couches. To top it all off there was Trey in all his glory sitting on a love seat. The description of perfection was there sitting down with a controller in his hands. His gorgeous green eyes focused on his game.

Wait Trey! What!?

I tied to speak but groaned as a massive headache hit me. I groaned and tried again.

"Why am I here?" I asked, my voice sounding weaker than intended. I cleared my throat and repeated myself.

"You're awake" he said
"bout time I was getting worried, by the way your phone been ringing nonstop for the last hour."

"Why am I here?" I said again more forcefully.

He sighed "I would expect a thank you since I saved your life. Man, what happened to manners"

Then it all came back to me. The janitor's closet, the guy with the gun, faint laughter, finally the darkness that engulfed me afterward.

I instantly regretted my attitude. Man why do I have to be so defensive all the time.

"Sorry" I said feeling Ignorant and ashamed.

I slowly sat up; I wasn't feeling too bad physically other than my headache and the cut on my arm. He paused his game got up, and sat closer to me, really close.

"Hey are you okay?" he muttered.

I cleared my throat a bad habit that I do when I'm shy.

"I'm fine I said" tying my best to sound stronger.

"Great" he said "I was worried"

A deep silence went across the room. I sighed "thank you" I said finally. He looked me in my eyes. "You're welcome; it's not that big of a deal"

"I almost got raped it is a big deal" I replied.

He just looked at me. "What?" I said.

"Nothing, just thinking" He said.

There was an awkward tension in the room. I couldn't take it. "Can I use your bathroom?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, go down the hall last door on your left"

"Thanks" I said I got up and walked down the hall knowing but not really caring that he was staring at my butt.

I walked in the bathroom and almost screamed in horror. I looked like a hobo. I washed the blood off my face and cleaned up. I found a brush in the cabinet and although it wasn't perfect my hair looked presentable and I used the band-aids and alcohol to clean my cuts.

I smiled finally satisfied with how I look. I thought it over and finally decided that I should use his mouth wash.

After I was done, I checked myself one last time in the mirror. Here we go I thought.

I walked out the bathroom and went back the way I came. Ugh! I bumped into something hard and fell on my butt.

"Sorry" I heard a deep voice say.