Chapter 10

My phone been beeping all night. I did not get no type of sleep last night. I yawned and stretched on my bed.

The morning light shined in through my curtains and I looked at the clock. 11 am, oh well I thought. I wasn't going to school anyways. I decided to take the week off, things were moving too fast for my liking and that's an easy way to mess up.

I finally decided to check my phone only to find that all the beeps were from social networks. Facebook, twitter, instagram and text messages. "Omg you beat shawty up!" I read. "Tina deserved that her ol' stuck up ass!".

There was so many. I looked on instagram and saw 915 friend resquests! I just got 7 more and 2 more and 5 more. They just keep on coming. Finally I decided to just put my shit on public.

I checked facebook and found myself tagged on a video of the fight, I watched it and was surprised. I see myself punching Tina and lunging for her neck. She tripped backward and I was on top of her still chocking her she started tapping my hands to make me stop which seemed to enrage me more. I let her go but before she could take a deep breath, I was punching her over and over again. By then she was bleeding all over,she finally got control and started pulling my hair. So I pulled her hair too but I used greater force and her tracks came along with it.

She managed to get a few punches on my face and my sides but compared to how she looked I was an angel.

I checked my notifications and saw that my fight video was on world star. It was good quality too.

Danm! I thought.

I got up and went into the bathroom to start my day.

After what felt like forever, I stepped inside the kitchen to find my mom in a bussiness woman outfit.

She had on a blouse and a nice pencil skirt that stopped below her knees and complimented her curves perfectly. Very professional yet feminine. I smiled with pride.

'Hey mom" I said kissing her on the cheeks.

"Hey baby" My mom said. Finally looking up from whatever she was reading.

"You feeling better?" She asked.

I chuckled "Yeah, I'm good mom"

"A boy came by for you this morning" She said.

"You mean Trey?" I asked.

"yeah" she said.

"He's kind of giving me rides to school now" I said.

She nodded. I had told her yesterday, about the whole almost rape incident.

"And that's all it needs to be" She said smiling.

"So, what's going on?" I said.

"Well, I got a job as a secretary now!" She exclaimed.

"wow that's great!" I said hugging her.

"well, I'm still getting paid the same amount as being a janitor but I can work my way up and plus it's better than cleaning" She said.

"What?!" I said."That's not right"

She pursed her lips. I narrowed my eyes.

"Mom.." I started.

" I slept for the job ok. I slept for the job" she admitted. I shook my head.

"I'm not perfect Ce'ce but at least I'm trying" She called after me, I just kept on walking and decided to go to the park.

I felt torn I loved my mom but some things she did made no sense. I felt happy for her achievement but felt dissapointed to how she go it. She took the easy way out.