Chapter 16 (Preview)

Trey POV:

I had to blink hard a couple of times because I couldn't believe it.

Cece was here. In this room. With the crew.

This is bullshit.

That just proves the security system isn't completely full-proof. It's not suppose to let any outsider in.

She really doesn't know how lucky she is to be here alive. She could have been turned to dust.

And how does she know Kray-Kray, and what were they doing together. Kray-Kray never comes late.

Man, this shit just blew me.

""What the hell is going on?" I said out loud before realizing it.

Everybody stopped talking and looked at me.

"Well, are you guys going to answer my question?" I asked.

Cece cleared her throat.

"Well, it seems that there is a new crew emerging. They are working quietly but efficiently. We are discussing how..." She started to say.

"No, I know that. That's not what I'm talking about" I said irritated. "Wait, how do you know what we were saying anyways. This is code language."

She just shrugged.

My dad had came up with a code language for us  to be able to speak each other in the presence of company especially when we're talking to jail inmates and need to find info. Yet here she was explaining to me what's going on with no problems.

It took me 6 months to learn this shit.

I looked over and saw my dad frowning.

"Kray is there something you would like to tell us. " He said.

"No Boss" Kray replied respectfully.

My dad turned to Kaycee. "Would you care to explain how you understand?"

Kaycee chuckled. " No offense Dre, but if that's code language then there's a problem. It's really easy to understand. It's composed of broken down english, and basic french and spanish but turned backwards. If it were anybody else they would think you're speaking gibberish but those gibberish are pronounced to perfectly. After realizing the gibberish is actually words. You need to find the pattern, combine it with body language and voila! or should I say lavoi!"

Everybody was looking at her like she just grew 2 horns. I felt her tense up beside me.

Dre started clapping and everybody else joined in. I reluctantly obliged.

She looked embarassed.

The applause died down.

"You hit the bulls-eye. Wow! I can see why my son is so infatuated with you." My dad said.

I could tell the geek-side of my dad was about to come out. My dad loved books and was very "infatuated" with the human brain.

If he wasn't raised to be a thug. I'm pretty sure he would've been successful regardless. He had brains, which, I guess was part of the reason he was so successful in the business. He always thought 10 steps ahead.

Thankfully, I inherited a little bit of his intelect.

 Without even realizing Cece had just won my dad over. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to get us to marry by the end of the month.

Speaking of marry, I haven't spoken to Cece ever since she confessed that she liked me.

As soon as this meeting is over we're going to my office.