chapter 18 part 2

Kaycee Pov:

Everybody settled down in their seats.

"Everybody bow your head and close your eyes" I heard a lady say.

The sound seems to resonate through the room. I looked around the room and realized every 3 seats there was a little microphone. 

Makes sense since this table was so long. It was nice long dark wood table that looked like it had been polish. Over our heads hung a beautiful chandelier that looked like it was made out of diamonds. On the table there was every type of food imaginable, from chicken to red velvet cake, to steak and all types of rice and in the middle there was a small chocolate fountain surrounded by marshmallow. 

I couldn't really see what was on the other side of the table but the things I can see from where I was looked great.

"Man, she gone take forever to finish praying" Trey muttered.

The guy on the other side of me stifled a laugh.

I shrugged unknowingly. I bow my head and closed my eyes.

"Dear Lord..." The lady started.

Man Trey wasn't joking when he said she takes forever and it was hard to keep still because I was hungry and the smell of the food was getting to me. I was drooling and was running out of napkins , thankfully I wasn't the only one or I would've been more embarassed.

10 minutes later is when she finally got around to finishing. 

"In Jesus holy name, the messiah, the one who died for us and saved us from our sins, the son, oh so holy son, we pray Amen" she finished at last.

Everybody replied "Amen" while some grumbled "about time".

I chuckled and shook my head getting ready to dive in.

"Uh, uh, uh. You have to wash your hands first y'all" the same lady said again.

This time I looked down the table trying to figure out who was talking getting ready to cuss out who it was, when my eyes landed on this nice looking old lady. 

She resembled a lot like Dre, from what I could see she was wearing a black blouse wich contrasted against her caramel skin and her hair was pin straight with streaks of silver grey soaring through it.

She aged well, the wrinkly lines didn't do a toll on her, and she looked really natural and motherly.

"Who is that?" I whisper ask Trey.

"That's my grandma" He muttered.

"Ooh" I replied. That made sense I thought.

Seeing Trey's grandma made me realize that I didn't know much about his family. 

I felt like I barely knew him at all, where as he knew everything about me.

I opened up to him holding nothing back.

He even knew about my dad and the hurt I felt from the fact he abandoned me. Yet I was clueless when it came to him.

The thought made me uneasy.

"Excuse me miss" I heard a sweet voice. I look up to see a nice girl that seemed to be about 14, she looked really innocent.

"Yes?" I asked her dumbfounded.

She shifted from one foot to another. "Um, your hands" She said.

I look down to see her holding a pale that had water and soap.

"Oh" I said. Wow I thought so that's what Trey's grandma meant.

They even hired someone to wash hands. Wow.