Cumberlayne Aresko x imperial! reader

Commandant Cumberlayne Aresko always lived by a single statement, "there are no friendship in war", he would even refer to people who he was close to as companions.

That included a young female commanding officer called (y/n) (l/n), she was a sweet girl who was hard working and would help others correct their errors. Maybe that's why tarkin liked having her around so much. But lately Aresko noticed that (y/n) was not herself, she seemed down and not as enthusiastic as before, she still did her duties with a smile but Aresko could tell it was fake.

After a few days of this Aresko decided to see her, so when their shifts were over, he went to (y/n)'s room. He knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

'Who is it' a timid voice asked

'Commandant Aresko' Aresko replied 'may I come in commander (l/n)'

'Yes I'll open the door once I'm done changing clothes' you told him

Aresko waited for a few minutes before you opened the door, you were in a vest shirt and shorts, your eyes were red as if you had been crying and in your overall appearance you looked extremely fragile, like delicate China.

'Is there something wrong' you asked

'What has been wrong with you for the past few days' Aresko asked

You looked at him before you went to close the door but Aresko put his foot in front of it to jam it. He opened it and walked inside, you had fallen to the floor literary balling your (e/c) eyes out.

Closing the door, Aresko went over to you and sat down next to you and placed his hand on your shoulder.

'My parents were killed' you sobbed

'Have you told someone about this' Aresko asked

You shook your head and took your hands away from your face 'no your the one I've told, your my friend and I know that you would look after me but I know your philosophy'

'What would that be'

'You always say "there is no friendship in war", but you are my friend, my closet friend in fact'

Aresko was taken aback by your statement about him being your closet friend, he was snapped out of his thoughts when you rested your head on his shoulder. Aresko put his arm around your shoulder and held you close.

You learn up and were about to kiss him on his cheek, when Aresko turned his head and kissed you on the lips, it was a sweet and gentle kiss.

Aresko then released that there maybe no friendship in war but there was love