Chapter 2

Demi

I rang the doorbell super excited, I couldn't wait to adopt someone. I want a girl so we can have girl time and I am also looking forward to being able to take her on tour with me. A woman with brown hair opened the door and greeted me with a smile.

"Welcome Ms.Lovato, so you're looking to adopt?" I nodded eagerly.

"Of course." She showed me to a group of young girls aging from about 3 to 8, another from 9-12, then the teenagers.

One of the girls stood out to me, she had these gorgeous little ginger curls. What was off to me was that she was sitting in the corridor all by herself, it looked like she was crying. Slowly and calmly, I walked to her and kneeled down beside her, while the caretaker stayed back with the other kids.

I put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her, she flinched back. I immediately felt bad. I scooped her up and put her on my lap, she was so little, but she also seemed to be quite young.

"Hey, sweetie, what's wrong?" She shook her head and then tried to break free.

I held her tight though.

"Hey... Hey, I'm not going to hurt you." She calmed down some and buried her face in my shoulder. I ran my fingers through her curls.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I calmly asked. She shook her head.

"Okay" I continued playing with her hair and started singing skyscraper, by the time I was done singing, she had fallen asleep.

She looked so adorable, I held her in my arms and wiped the tears off her cheeks. I picked her up and sat down on a couch in the lobby where we were alone with her still in my arms.

Max

I woke up on someone's lap, I looked up nervously and saw Demi Lovato looking down at me. OMFG this is not happening. I looked around, not seeing anyone.

I nervously asked, W-where's everyone e-else?" It was obvious that Demi knew  I was anxious because she had a concerned look on her face.

"Hey, you don't need to be nervous, sweetie." I nodded my anxiety still rising. I guess she could tell.

"Everyone is in the other room Hun, I just brought you out here cause you fell asleep and it was so cute. Oh, and I want to get to know you." I blushed and she giggled.

"So, what's your name?"

"Maxine, I-I go by Max."

"That's a very nice name."

Just then Katie walked in and said rudely, "You aren't thinking about adopting her, are you?! She sucks, I promise you don't want her, she's pretty messed up." I felt the tears well up in my eyes then start to spill over, I didn't want Demi to see me like this, so I ran. I ran into my room then into my bathroom and cried.