Chapter 25

Max POV

"They got in an accident... Ally is okay, Normani broke her wrist, Dinah has a minor concussion, and Demi... She.." Mila covered my ears so that I couldn't hear, but I still heard her. "Demi.. She.. She's out.. She might be in a coma.".....

Camila POV

..."she might be in a coma." Max curled into a ball on my lap and started rocking back and forth, Maddie had fallen asleep and I didn't plan on waking her up before we got to the hospital. "N..not not a..again.. Don't let mommy die.." I held her securely in my arms. "Max.. Max, look at me." She shook her head and continued sobbing. I lifted her chin up and looked her in the eyes. She was terrified. "Slow down.. Deep breaths." She shook her head and started hyperventilating, I tried for another 10 minutes to calm her down, but nothing worked. "Lauren pull over.." We pulled over and I opened the car door, making sure to keep Max as close to me as I could, considering we were on an interstate. I stood Max up as I stepped out of the car. She clung to my leg and sobbed. I bent down to she level, "baby.. Calm down." She was hyperventilating really bad at this point and she was trembling. She wrapped her arms around my neck, but I held her infront of me and placed my hand over her heart. I didn't know someone's heart could even beat that fast. Lauren came to my side with the shot to calm her down. When Max saw it she freaked out even worse and tried to pull away from me, I held onto her tight though. She tired herself out and fell to the ground and curled into a ball and ripped off her bandages and started scratching her cuts open.. It happened so fast it took me a second to react, luckily Lauren reacted fast and restrained her from hurting herself. Giving me time to give her the shot. Once she calmed down, we wrapped her now bleeding cuts up. She koala beared me and I got back in the car with her in my lap. Ally called me back, seeing as 30 minutes had passed and we were still 20 minutes away. I don't blame her.
A: where are you guys
C: We are 20 minutes away, I'm so sorry; Max had a really bad meltdown and Lauren and I had to give her a shot.
A: Oh my goodness! Is she okay?!
C: Yea, she's just really woozy right now. Maddie is asleep so she doesn't know yet. We will be there as soon as we can.
A: okay, be safe please. I love you guys.
C: we love you all too.
I hung up, Max had fallen back asleep . 20 minutes later we got to the hospital. I carried Max in and Lauren carried Maddie and Max's medicines. Lauren went to the front desk as soon as we got in.

Lauren POV

I rushed over to the front desk, "Do you have Ally, Dinah. Normani, and Demi?" "Yes, trauma bay and the corridor to your left, 3rd room on the right is where Demi is." I went to the trauma bay and met up with the other girls who were being released now. We went in to see Demi. Luckily, Max was still asleep, I don't think she could handle this right now. There was an extra bed in the room where nobody was laying, so Camila and I laid Max and Maddie there for them to sleep. Camila was taking this especially hard. "She has to wake up Babe.. W..what about Max.. what about Maddie?!" "Shhh.. We will figure out something.." I cooed. "Ally can you call Demi's mom?" She nodded and called them. "They're about to be on the way, Dallas too." Ally said after hanging up. I nodded and tried to calm Camila down. I pulled up a chair and let Camila sit on my lap, she was holding on to Demi's hand. Everyone was in tears, but Camz was crying the worst. "Baby.. Calm down." I said. "Wait.. Where is Max gonna live?! She can't go back.." Camila said through her tears. "Ally call Demi's mom again and see if they've left.. Tell her to bring Max's adoption papers, they're probably in one of Demi's suitcases." Camila told Ally. Ally called and they stayed on the phone until she found the papers, then they hung up. "Now they're on the way." "Why the adoption papers baby?" I asked her. "Because there's always a spot where you sign the name of someone who would take care of the kid if something were to happen to you and I need to know who it is." "Ohhh." Everyone said. Everyone had chairs set up around Demi's bed, Camila was sitting beside me now, well, she'd fallen asleep holding onto Demi's hand with her head resting on the hospital bed. Im not gonna try and figure out how she was able to fall asleep so fast. Demi's mom came in crying, along with Eddie and Dallas. "Oh my goodness.." Demi's mom cried. "Mom.. She's gonna be okay. She's a fighter." Her mom wiped her eyes. "You're right." She turned towards Demi. "You can do this Babygirl, I know you can pull through. Stay strong." She kissed Demi's forehead. They all joined us sitting around her bed. "Oh, I got the papers." Demi's mom said. "Camila wanted them, but she fell asleep. I'll take them." I said. I flipped through the papers to find what Camila had been talking about and she was right. There was a line for the name of the person, or people, Max would live with if something happened to Demi. I looked at it. "Guys.." I looked up. Everyone looked up at me. "She put our names down." Their eyes widened. "Atleast we know she will be in good hands." Eddie said. "We will take good care of her I promise." Ally said. "Hopefully it will just be temporary." Dallas said. We all nodded in agreement, knowing that if it wasn't temporary, that meant that Demi would be.. Yea.. We stayed there all day, Maddie ended up waking up, Max didn't though. Maddie cried for a little bit before saying what Dallas had said earlier, that she was a fighter and that she would get through this, she such a wise kid. A doctor walked in when it was about 10 pm. "I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over, you can come back to see her tomorrow. Visiting hours are from 10am-10pm." He said before walking out. Everyone said some choice words to Demi before we had to leave. Since there was 8 of us plus the kids, 5 rode in one car and 5 rode in another. We got home and Demi's mom made dinner. After that everyone went to bed and Max ended up somehow sleeping through the night. Damn I hope Demi is gonna be okay.