Chapter 17 Part 2

Demi's POV

It was Wilmer.."What the fuck.." I yelled. I pulled out my phone and called 911.
911: "911, what's your emergency?"
D: " my ex boyfriend just broke into our house and tried to kidnap my Daughter and I shot him in the knee to stop him then he pulled a gun on me and I shot him in the neck as self defense, it was a life or death situation."
911: " Okay, Ma'am I'll send out homicide and the police. I need your location and name. "
D: " Okay I am at 32 Sunny Avenue, California. And this is Demi Lovato"
911: " Alright they will be there in a few minutes "
D: " Alright, thank you."
911: "Bye bye."
D: "bye."

You could already hear the sirens coming down the road, I think it freaked Max out really bad because she started holding onto her head and hyperventilating. I bent down to her height, "Baby.. Calm down. Deep breaths. I got you. Nobody is going to hurt you." I pulled her In close to me letting her cry into me as the police pulled up with homicide. Max ran behind me and kept crying. I turned to her, picking her up and the police approached me. "I've been told the situation at hand by the operator, do you have any evidence to support your claim of what happened?" The police officer asked. "Actually yes, on my security cameras. Follow me." I led him to the area where I kept all of the security equipment. I copied the section of the footage when it happened and burned it onto a CD and handed it over to the officer while homicide was taking care of the body. Max had calmed down some but she was still crying and shaking a little. The officer watched the footage and told me that he didn't need a statement because of the raw evidence supporting my claim and that they would take the CD with the footage and the body and we would be free to go. And with that, police and homicide left. I closed the door behind them and walked over to the couch, setting Max down on my lap, I could tell she was holding it all in. She koala beared me and sobbed uncontrollably. "Let it out baby girl.. Let it out." She cried for another 30 minutes or so before falling asleep in my arms. I feel terrible for her having to go through that, she's definitely going to get PTSD if she doesn't have it already. I decided that I'd call Big Max (my bodyguard)  and mom and tell them what happened and head down to Texas for right now. It'll be better for Max . She'd feel safer, or at least I hope she would. I wanted to keep Maxie with me at all times. I texted Big Max ( A/N this is what her bodyguard will be called from now on so it isn't as confusing)
D: " headed to Texas tonight because of an emergency, book 2 flights for Texas ASAP, thank you. "
BM: "Alright, first class of course. I'm booking the flights now."
D: "Thank you so much

Next I called my mom and told her everything that happened and that we were flying out to Texas as soon as possible. She said it was alright and to be safe. I decided to pack Max's stuff so I carried her upstairs and set her on her bed, I packed her 3 suitcases of clothes and her teddy bear and hair stuff alone in its own suitcase. I moved her to my room while I packed for myself . Big max texted me.
BM: "The flight is at 1am, I will be there at 12am to get you and take you to the airport.
It was already 11:50pm so I put all of our suitcases downstairs and sat down with Max on the couch. She was still sleeping, she's so beautiful, yet so fragile. There was a knock at the door. I carried max bridal style in one arm she curled into me and I opened the door. Big Max took our suitcases and I got Max's car seat and put it in his limo. I sat in the back with max. She tossed and turned in her sleep so I handed her the blanket I had with me and she cuddled it and stopped. "How old is she?" Big max spoke up. "She's 12." "12??" He looked shocked, "YuP." I said, popping the P. Max slept the whole way to the airport. I wonder if she's sleeping so much because she is stressed, exhausted, or depressed. Either way, none of it is good.
Out flight was boarding and I carried Max onto the plane while Big Max gave them our luggage. They let us put her car seat On the plane so I strapped it up then layed her in it then handed her back the blanket. As the plane took off I texted my mom
D: "on the plane"
M: " Alright babygirl, see you when you get here. I love you."
D: "I love you too."
I looked at Max who was still asleep.
I decided to put on my headphones and watch some CSI episodes on my phone. About halfway through the flight, Max started tossing and turning in her sleep again. Then she started crying in her sleep. "Let me go" she screamed and then she started sobbing harder. I quickly unbuckled her and put her on my lap. I gently shook her awake. She freaked out for a second then realized it was me holding her, then she cried into my shoulder. "Shhh baby, mommy's here. I got you." She shook her head and held onto me tighter. "Baby..." I rubbed circles on her back which eventually calmed her down. "Shhhh.." I cooed and she closed her eyes and snuggled into my embrace. I wrapped the blanket around her and let her fall asleep on my lap. She ended up sleeping for the remainder of the flight.