Chapter 24

Camila POV

Max had been asleep for a good 30 minutes or so, maybe we should have given her the nightmare medicine.. "Hey babe?" I said to Lauren trying to get her attention. "Yes baby?" "I think we should have given Max her nightmare medicine before she fell asleep.." "Shit.. I....I though that was just for at night." "Maybe it is." I texted Demi and she wasn't sure either, apparently the doctor didn't specify. So we didn't give her the pill just in case. About 10 minutes later, Max started flinching in her sleep. I tried to gently shake her awake and she curled into a ball and whimpered. Awee.. Poor kid. I carefully unbuckled her and put her on my lap, she instantly koala beared me. Every 30 seconds or so she would flinch or whimper. After a while she started to shaking. I held the sleeping child infront of me so that she was facing me, thinking it would wake her up. I shook her gently, "max, max baby wake up." I cooed. She woke up in a panic and practically jumped out of my arms, but she realized who I was and that she was safe and she let herself fall into my arms. She cried into my shoulder as I rubbed her back in an attempt to calm her down. "Shh.. Sweetie, I've got you. Nothing is going to hurt you." Her cries stopped; she turned so that she was facing the window and leaned her head on me. "You okay Babygirl?" Lauren asked Max. She nodded. "Mila?" I looked down at her. "Can I play a game on your phone?" She asked me. "I don't have any, but you can download a few." "Thanks Mila." She ended up downloading flow line, coloring book for kids, and some my little pony game. We only had about 20 minutes or so left. Max seemed okay, like nothing had even happened and she was perfectly content playing flow line, my phone went off and it was Ally calling, Max handed me the phone.

Max POV

Ally was calling Mila so I handed her the phone.... "Where?!" There was a silence. "Okay, okay calm down, we will be there in a half an hour.." Mila looked really concerned. "M..Mila are you Otay..?" I asked quietly, scared of what she'd say. "Lauren make a u turn, we have to go to the hospital..the one we passed on the way here.." My heart started to race and a million bad scenarios ran through my head.."why?!" Lauren asked, now as concerned as Mila. Mila cleared her throat and braced herself...

-to be continued-
Don't worry the next chapter is already in the making ☺️