Chapter 16

Demi POV

I woke up and looked down at Max who was fiddling with the end of one of her braids. "Morning babygirl." "Morning mommy." She said cuddling into my side. "Mommy can we have a lazy day." That sounded like a perfect idea. "Sure babygirl." She looked nervous then sighed and looked at me with a smile. "mommy can I..I have a smoothie?" My face lit up, "of course babygirl." I must have been smiling like an idiot, I'm going to try and get her to eat something, maybe just a few pieces of fruit. She followed me into the kitchen and I picked her up, setting her on the island. "What do you want in it?" "Strawberries and raspberries" I nodded then made her smoothie and topped it with 4 raspberries and 2 strawberries. I gave her the smoothie and held out a $100 bill. "eat the fruit on the top and this is yours" I felt bad for bribing her but hey, it worked and she ate. She ate the fruit and drank the smoothie...... And got $100. But we won't talk about that. I had a yogurt and some toast then we sat back down on the couch and I let Max pick a movie. "Ooh mommy the poltergeist!" "Is it the new one?" She nodded. "Okay just tell me if you get scared okay?" She smiled and nodded the pressed play as we snuggled up together.
---time skip---
After watching about a million movies, Max had fallen back asleep, she was curled into a ball on my lap, it was so adorable. She's so tired though, it makes me wonder if she got up a lot earlier than I did. I'll ask her whenever she wakes up. In the meantime, I'll call my mom and tell her about max. I was going to tell her right away but with everything max had going on I was gonna wait a little bit, but things are going good at the moment so I'll take the time to tell her. (D is Demi, M is Demi's mom)
D: "hey mommy"
M: "Hey babygirl, how are you?"
D: "I'm great, but there's something I want to tell you."
M: "Go on.."
D: "I adopted a little girl named Max, she is so adorable and sweet, I think her and Maddie will get along great.
M: "Oh babygirl, you're growing up. I trust that you did the right thing in adopting her. You'll be a great mommy."
D: "Thanks mom, I knew you'd be supportive."
M: "Of course I would be, you're a wonderful young lady and I trust you to make good choices
D: "Okay thank you so much mom. I'll talk to you later. I love you"
M: "Okay. I love you too. Take care."
I hung up the phone and went back to the couch where Max was and she cuddled up to me in her sleep, it was adorable. I heard a noise outside , I didn't know what it was but I wasn't about to die like those dumb bitches in horror movies so I went to go check the security cameras that I have throughout the house. I looked really fast and saw a man outside wearing all black. There was no way that it was Big Max (my bodyguard) because the guy was shorter than Big Max was...