Chapter 20

Demi POV

Max fell asleep in my arms. "Does she always fall asleep after panic attacks?" I nodded, "After she cries too." "You used to be like that too Dems." Dallas said sitting beside me. "Yea, it's exhausting, I'm thinking about getting her put on anxiety medication." "That might be what's best... What about depression?" "That too." "Has she ever... Um.. Self harmed?" I sighed, "sadly.. Actually I need to change her bandages, can you hand me the gauge wrap out of the polka dot suitcase?" She nodded then handed me the gauge. I carried Max to the bathroom that was attached to my room and got the Neosporin out of the cabinet. "Dallas can you hold her bridal style?" She nodded and I handed her Max, "oh my god.. Demi she's so tiny.. Too tiny." I sighed, "Yea.. We're working on that." "Dang.." She sat down on the edge of the bathtub with Max and I rolled up Max's sleeves. I unraveled Max's bandages after taking off the medical tape. Dallas gasped, "Demi, these are deep." "At least all wounds heal.." I put the Neosporin on her cuts, she flinched in her sleep. Then I carefully wrapped her cuts in new gauge. "Dally I think I'm going to take a nap with Max, I'm exhausted." "Alright Demi, love you." Dallas said, handing me Max. "Love you too." With that Dallas walked out. I carried Max over to my bed and layed down with her in my arms, she snuggled up to me in her sleep and I fell asleep with her in my arms.

Max POV

I woke up in mommy's arms, she was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up so I carefully took her arms from around me and put my teddy bear where I was. I went downstairs to see what everyone else was doing. For some reason I felt good... Happy almost, maybe this will last. Everyone was cuddled up in the couch watching a movie. "Hai" I chirped, "Hey sweetie, come here." Dallas said. I went and sat between Maddie and Dallas. Everyone is a lot taller than me, I don't mind though, I've always been short. Dallas pulled me on her lap, I trusted her because mommy does so I let her. My tummy growled. Dallas looked and laughed, she offered me some popcorn. I shook my head. She gave me a look. She took a small bowl off of the table and put some popcorn in it then handed it to me. "Looks like you don't have a choice sweetie." "Fineeee" I laughed, "but only cause you're mommy's sister." I laughed and ate the popcorn. "What are we watching?" I asked looking at the TV. "Chucky." "Child's play?" I asked giggling a little, she nodded. "I love this movie." "Glad you do." Maddie hid her face every time there was a jumpscare. "You scared Mads?" I asked, she nodded. "You can cuddle with me if you'd like." She clung to me and I laughed, "You know this is fake, right?" "It's still scary." She pulled me into her lap and buried her face. Mommy came walking down stairs. I jumped off Maddie and ran to her, "Mommy!" "Hey babygirl, how long have you been up?" "Not THAT long." She laughed then picked me up, I clung to her. "Mommy guess what?" "What babygirl?" "I had a good dream when I went to sleep, it was about me and you and Nanna and Maddie and Dally and Papa, we went to a place where there was sparkles and a giant ball pit and we all had fun and I woke up and I didn't wanna wake you up so I put my teddy bear where I was." "That's good babygirl, and I noticed" she laughed and I smiled cheekily. "What are we watching?" Mommy asked, "child's play." I said. "Ohh, nice choice." She sat down and put me on her lap and I snuggled up to her, "we're gonna go out to eat for lunch, any ideas?" Dallas said. I got really nervous.

Demi POV

"We're gonna go out to eat for lunch, any ideas?" Dallas asked. Max clung to me, I could tell she was nervous but she has to eat, even if it isn't much. "There's this really nice Hispanic restaurant about 20 minutes or so away." Mom said. "That works" I said, everyone else nodded in agreement. I felt Max's heart rate pick up a little, I rubbed her back to soothe her, it helped a little. She curled into me and relaxed her head on my shoulder. I looked at my phone, it was 10:50, "What time are we leaving?" "Around 11:30." Mom said. "We might as well get ready now" I suggested. Everyone nodded then went their separate ways to get ready. I went into my old room with Max to get ready. I set her on my bed, looking her in the eyes and for the first time, noticing she was crying. I wiped away her tears, "sweetie you have to eat.. Okay?" She looked down then nodded. "Come here babygirl." I opened up my arms to her and she practically fell into them and cried. "It's okay Maxie.. I know it's hard, but it's going to be okay. Do you know why?" She looked up and wiped her eyes, "why?" "Because you're mommy's little warrior." She smiled then hugged me, I stood up. "I love you mommy." "I love you too babygirl." I went over and opened up our suitcases, "mommy what are you wearing?" Max asked standing beside me, "This." I held up a black skater dress and a black leather jacket. "That's pretty mommy." She smiled then grabbed something from her suitcase and went into the bathroom to change. I went ahead and changed and put my hair into a messy bun and did my makeup. Max came out in her black skater dress and a little black leather jacket like mine and her hair in a messy bun. I laughed a little, "Awe baby, you look adorable." "Thanks mommy" said said, spinning around. She blushed a little, which was super cute. "Mommy can do my makeup?" "But you're already beautiful, you don't need makeup." She gave me the cutest puppy dog face ever and I couldn't resist. I did her makeup exactly like mine, no lie I was a little jealous, she looked better than I did. I gave her black winged eyeliner and a grey and white smokey eye then gave her a little blush and a matte red lipstick. She looked in the mirror as I finished her lipstick. "I love it!" "One more thing." I gave her mascara, geez this kid has some long ass eyelashes. "It's really pretty mommy, thank you." "I'm glad you like it babygirl." Maddie walked in and did a double take between the two of us, "geez Dems, she looks more like you than me." We all laughed and went downstairs where everyone was waiting. "You two twins took forever." Dallas said, "well we're here now." Dallas laughed. We all rode with mom. Mom and Dallas were up front, Max, Maddie, and I were in the back. Dad was gonna meet us up there. Max played games on my phone for about half of the ride, then she started playing with my hands. It's something she does whenever she is really nervous. She fiddled with the rings that I had on. I rubbed her back, I hated seeing her so anxious. About 5 minutes went by and we were stuck in traffic. "Maybe there's and accident." Mom suggested.