Chapter 28

Max's POV

*nightmare*
It was really really dark and I couldn't see anything at all. I heard mommy calling my name, then there was screeching tires and a loud crash. There was flashing lights and screaming. I heard mommy calling for me over and over before she stopped calling me and I heard a heart monitor go flat and I screamed for mommy. But I couldn't do anything.. I couldn't even see.
*end of nightmare*

Demi POV

I was at home in my bedroom upstairs with the girls. My mom and dad were downstairs, Max went to sleep in Maddie's room and Maddie was sleeping as well, and the girls and I were sitting around talking and watching movies, catching up and cuddling. We'd just finished an episode of friends, complements of a half asleep Camila, and we're starting another when Maddie ran into my room with Max koala bearing her. She looked worried. "I..I think she's having a nightmare Dems." She said. I gave her a grateful smile and she handed Max to me before taking a seat next to Normani. Max let out a scream and held a bundle of my hair in her fist as she sobbed. "Babygirl it's okay.. You're okay." I cradled her in my arms. "M..mommy!" She cried. "M..mommy wake u..up please mommy.. Don't d..die." My heart shattered, she was dreaming about the accident. The girls and Maddie looked at me concerned. "M..mommy If y..you die I die." She screamed, but her scream was muffled by her sobs. I rubbed circles on her back. "Baby I'm not dead, everyone is okay. You're okay." "B..bye mommy.." She cried. Her grip on my hair loosened and her hand fell down by her side as her heart rate slowed down a lot and I couldn't tell if she'd stopped breathing. I panicked, "no no no no no." I repeated over and over rushing to the bathroom with her, Normani, Lauren, Camila, and Dinah Followed. Ally must have stayed with Maddie. I turned on the shower, I didn't care if it was cold. I tossed Dinah my phone and got into the shower, now cradling max, who was holding her breath in her sleep. Her face was starting to drain color as I held her under the water. "Baby.. Baby, come on. Breathe." I shook her and caressed her cheek. "Max!" I screamed. I felt her tiny body go limp in my arms. I shook my head quickly, pushing hairs out of her face and laying her down to do cpr. "What's all the commotion is everythi- oh my god..." My mom walked in and gasped. Max coughed and sat up gasping for air before reaching for me, crying. "Baby..." I picked her up, pulling her onto my lap. "You're safe. I got you.. You scared mommy babygirl. I'm glad you're okay." She shook her head as if she were saying she weren't okay. "What's wrong?" I lifted her chin and wiped her eyes. She coughed some more. I took in our situation and realized that we were still in the freezing cold shower. I hope Max wasn't going to get sick. I turned off the shower and grabbed a couple towels. I wrapped one around Max and the other around myself. I looked up at the girls and my mom. Camila was crying.. "Mila.." I rubbed her back with my free hand and Lauren was comforting her. "I'm gonna go get us some dry clothes. I'll be back." I told them, smiling weakly. They nodded and I went to change. I grabbed myself a bra, underwear, some sweats, and a tank top before quickly changing in Maddie's bathroom. I picked up Max's suitcase and opened it to get her something to wear. I picked her out some footie pajamas.