Chapter 13

Demi POV

I woke up around 9 and looked around for Max. "Max?" I didn't see Lauren either. I started to worry. I shook everyone awake, "Have any of you seen Max and Lauren?" Camila started to panic because she's worried about Lauren, Max too, but I get it, that's her girlfriend. "W..What if something happened to them?" Camila stuttered before tears started pouring from her eyes. She quickly started taking raspy breaths. I hugged her comfortingly, "Calm down hun.. we'll find them, I haven't even looked yet. Camila pouted, "Why didn't you tell me that first off?" "Sorry.." I apologized, "Its fine" she said wiping her tears. We all got up and started looking. We checked the downstairs first, then my room. They weren't there. Then, we checked Max's room... "Aweeee" we all cooed. Max was curled into Lauren and Lauren had her arms wrapped protectively around her. We snapped some pictures before camila climbed into bed behind Lauren, stroking her hair, "Babeeeeee" "Hmm?" Lauren mumbled. "Wake up." Camila poked Lauren's cheeks then kissed her, "You two are cute but don't wake maxie, she needs to sleep."  They nodded. Poor Maxie, she can barely make it through a night without needing someone, I feel bad for her. I feel like she's not going to be able to sleep alone for a little while, I'm 100% up for her sleeping with me at night, whatever makes my babygirl feel safe. Change can be pretty hard on a kid in her situation. Camila and Lauren got up and joined the rest of us. I tucked Max in and kissed her forehead. The rest of us went down to make breakfast.

Ally POV

We were all sitting down eating toast and drinking coffee and juice except Mila, I'm starting to worry about her, she said it was cause she just woke up the said she would eat as soon as she was actually awake. Just as I put my plate in the sink, I heard a toilet flush from upstairs, "Demi, could she have just..." "Fuck.." Demi facepalmed then ran up stairs.

Max POV

I woke up and rolled out of my bed. Where is everyone? I looked I the mirror in my closet. Fat Fat Fat is all I see, its all I am. The words from my bullies and my demons ran through my head. I ran to my bathroom and purged then brushed my teeth. I..I'm so sorry mommy, regret and grief washed all over me. I made 12 cuts on my thigh, I wiped the blood up with a black towel and tucked away my blade box. I sat back down in my closet by my mirror and curled into a ball. My demons were screaming at me.. my breathing started becoming fast and my heart started racing and I was shaking. I felt two arms wrap around me and I flinched, but they just pulled me close, "Baby, calm down, deep breaths.. slow down." Mommy! How did mommy know "I.. I'm s..so sorry mommy.. I'm s.. sorry.." "Sorry for what babygirl..?" She sounded nervous, my breathing got more rigid and I was hyperventilating really bad. "Baby... baby look at me.." I shook my head.. "Baby please.." I shook my head again and my heart kept racing. Mommy lifted my chin up, I koala beared her, "M..mommy I..I c..can't fell m..my hands.." I cried harder. She held my hands "You're okay babygirl match my breathing." I tried to copy mommy's breathing but it was too hard, "M..mommy I cant." "Camila can you bring me up a cup of water?" A few moments later Mila came up with water, but she stayed with me and Mommy, "Please try to drink this" I panicked and shook my head I cant even breathe, how could I drink? I curled into mommy and tried to match hr breathing one more time. I slowed down a little, mommy rubbed my back "That's it babygirl. slow down, deep breaths." I took deep breaths and my breathing slowed down, "T..thank you mommy" I kept holding on to mommy, I didn't want to let go. I felt safer. Mila handed me the small cup of water. I drank the water then curled back into mommy.

Demi POV

Max took the cup of water from Camila with shakey hands and drank half of it before cuddling back into me. I was going to have her eat toast like the rest of us, but considering she is still coming down from a panic attack that's probably not a good idea. I'll just give her a fruit smoothie with 2 servings of fruit, which is more than I could get her to eat on her own. I stood up with Max on my hip, she buried her face in my shoulder, then Camila, Max and I went downstairs to join the others. Max was still shaking a little so I whispered, "Youre safe babygirl, I'm not mad, we'll talk about it later"  Ally mouthed, "Did she?" I shrugged, "Morning Max." The girls chimed. "Guys me and Max are going to the store, Camila can you come?" Camila nodded and Lauren did a pouty face, "Okay, Lauren you can come too" I giggled. Max started hugging me tighter, I rubbed her back to comfort her. She relaxed, "Mommy?" "Yes?" "Can Mila help me pick out an outfit?" "Sure if she wants" "I don't mind" Camila said.