Chapter 21

Demi POV

We slowly inched along, giving Max more time to become anxious. We drove by the accident and Max started holding on to my hand really tight then let go and buried her face in her hands. She started screaming through tears, "please save them!" Over and over. I shook her lightly, "Max.. Baby.. You need to calm down." She started hyperventilating and screaming, "save mommy.." That's how her parents died.. She was probably having flashbacks.. I unbuckled her and put her on my lap which was difficult because she was moving a lot. When I set her on my lap and held her still she started breathing heavy, then opened her eyes and came back to reality. When she frantically looked around then realized that she was with me she koala beared me and silently cried into my shoulder while I rubbed circles on her back. "Is takeout better Hun?" Mom asked, "probably." We did a U turn wile Dallas called Eddie. We were gonna order wings with fries. It'd be easier on Max that way. She looked up at me, she had mascara cascading down her rose tinted cheeks. I took a wet wipe and got all the excess makeup off. She gave me a weak smile. I pulled her close and handed her my phone and she played a game. I got a message from Camila.
C: "Hai Dems.. The girls and I went by the house today and you were there. Is everything okay..? The girls and I are really worried."
Max handed me the phone.
D: "I'll explain in a little bit."
C: "Otay Dems."
We pulled up  and I carried Max inside and up to my room. Everyone else was ordering online. I told Camila to skype me. So when she called I picked up on the MacBook and sat down on my bed with Max on my lap. "Oh my god are you back home Dems?!" Camila asked. "Yep." "Hey Mila." Max said shyly. "Hey sweetie, how come?" "Wilmer broke in and tried to take Max so I shot him in the knee, max got away, but then he pulled a gun on me so I shot him.. It killed him..." Max had her ears covered the entire time, I rubbed circles on her back. "Do you think me and the girls could come to see you guys for about a week?" "I'll ask mom."  Max still had her ears covered. I placed my hands on top hers and slowly pulled her hands down. "Sweetie, it's okay. Listen to mine and Mila's voice. Okay?" She nodded and curled into me. "Mila I miss you." Max said. "I miss you too sweetie." Camila yelled for Lauren to Come say hi. Lauren came over and pulled Camila onto her lap then waved. "Camren!" Max cheered. They both blushed and looked down. I texted mom to ask her if the girls could come and stay for a week. She said that it was okay. "You guys can come out tomorrow or tonight, but she said that it is okay for you to stay with us for a week." "Okay Dems, we will see you when we get there" Lauren said. "Text me when you're boarding and when you land." "We will." Camila said. "Love you guys." The both cheered. " love you too." Max and I said together. I hung up the call and the doorbell rang not long after, must be the food. Max gave me a look, "Its gonna be okay babygirl." She sighed and shook her head. I set her down on the bed and got to her level, "Eat 3 wings and a little bit of fries." "I..I'll try mommy.. C..can you sit by me..?" "Of course babygirl." We went down and Max made it through dinner okay and she finished everything, I was so proud of her.