Chapter 7

Marissa POV

At the end of the movie, Max started tossing and turning in Demi's lap."Quick, switch it Rissa!" I switched the TV to doc mcstuffins and turned the volume on low. "Is she having a bad dream?" "Maybe, she's already had 2 today" "Awe, poor kid" Demi rubbed Max's back, "Sweetie, wake up" Demi pleaded, soon after Demi said that, Max woke up and started sobbing into Demi."Shhh babygirl, you're safe with me" Max shook her head. Must have been some dream...

Max POV

I was trapped, locked in an endless space with nothing but my demons. Only a flat, white abyss lay infront of me. No matter how hard I tried, or how far I ran, I always ended up back where I started. I sank to my knees and let my demons take over. "Sweetie wake up" mommy??? I tried to wake up, once I did I started crying my eyes out into mommy. I thought she was gone forever. They said they took her and I was next. I don't want mommy to go. They cant have her. I held on to mommy tight. My demons were getting stronger, at first I was fighting back, then I let them take over my mind. They keep telling me if I speak and tell people about them, they'll hurt mommy. I'm never speaking again. EVER. I'm scared to. What if I slip up and they hurt mommy. "Baby, calm down you're okay. Mommy's got you" "And I've got your mommy kiddo, you're both safe." I looked up seeing Marissa, "Dry your tears kid, you're WAY too cute to cry" Marissa said, wiping away my tears, I flinched out of habit "S..sorry" That's the only word I'll let myself say, and mommy. Nothing else."It's okay kid, so you wanna tell me about yourself?" I froze then looked down nervously. I cant let myself talk too much, "Mommy?" "Yes babygirl?" I pointed at her phone. I can type mommy whats wrong, I don't want my demons to know I'm telling on them. "Wanna play a game?" I shook my head and gave her my best puppy dog eyes. She gave in, handing me her phone after she typed in the password. I opened notes and typed *Mommy, i'm scared to talk* I gave it to her and she read it. "Why babygirl?" *They wont let me tell you* "Who baby you're scaring me?" *My demons mommy.. they said they'll hurt you, I cant let that happen* She held me close, a tear trickled down my cheek. "You can talk babygirl, it's okay I'm safe, see look." I looked up seeing one of my demons behind mommy. I yelped and held onto mommy tight and cried, screaming "NO, you cant take my mommy. You can't hurt her!" I felt my chest tighten and I started trembling and my hands were tingly "Baby, baby calm down, you're gonna give yourself an anxiety attack" Too late for that.. I cried into mommy harder. Rissa held my hand "Hey kid slow down" "Deep breaths babygirl, match my breathing" My hands stopped tingling and my heart slowed a little as I tried to match mommy's breathing. "There you go babygirl, you're okay, I'm okay, You're safe, Calm down maxie." My heart was still racing and I guess Mommy could tell cause she started singing together "O..Okay mommy" I muttered by the end of the song, I was okay I guess, I still have bad thoughts in the back of my mind, but I'm okay. I sat up and smiled "Aweeeee Demiiiii she has DIMPLES!!!" Rissa fangirled. I blushed. "I know, they're cute aren't they" Mommy said , agreeing with Rissa.

Demi POV

I think that the doctor's office tomorrow would be a good idea. I'll have Marissa or Selena come with me.. Moving on I don't need to dwell on this at the moment. I poked Max's dimples "They're adorable Rissa you're right" Max giggled. "I'm not cute" max pouted ."Hey kid, the pouty face is even cuter" Marissa said making me laugh "You should see her puppy dog eyes" Seriously that kids eyes are to die for. "With big crystal blue eyes like that its gonna be hard for even Maddie to say no to her" We all laughed, even Max. It was great to see Max happy. "Mommy?" She said pushing away her laughter, "Can we watch a movie, and can Rissa stay the night?" "Of course she can, and what kind of movie?" She sat there thinking for a minute then spoke up, "A horror movie" I gave her a questionable look, so did Marissa. "I don't think that's a very good idea kid" Marissa said. "How about a cartoon?" I suggested. I don't want anything to trigger Max or scare her to tears, cause sometimes when she cries, its hard for her to stop. Plus, she's already paranoid, and a horror movie would not help that and make it a billion times worse. "Please mommy, its almost dead time" (3am) "Dang, this kid's into paranormal stuff too, okay, Demi I think you've gone and adopted yourself."  We all laughed at Marissa's statement. "Okay we can watch a horror movie, but nothing too scary, okay?" I said, turning to max. I put my finger under her chin making her look up at me. "Babygirl if you start getting too scared or start hearing things, please tell me or Rissa okay?" She gave me a two finger salute "Sir yes Sir !" "She's definitely a smart ass too, Demi You've been cloned, no joke" Max and I looked at each other then bursted into belts of laughter. Marissa just stared, "You two even laugh similar" "Maxie?" I said "Yes mommy?" Max said looking a little concerned. "Do you like karaoke?" hey.. I'm trying to keep Max from watching a horror movie, her nightmares are bad enough. I don't want her to have another one, but who doesn't love karaoke??? "Ummmm... I cant sing, but I try" she giggled. "I have karaoke hooked up to the tv upstairs with a few wireless mics, do you want to do some karaoke together?" "But you sing sooooo good mommy and I cant sing" "I doubt it Maxie" "Fine lets go, but no promises that I'm gonna sing" "Pleasseeeeeeeee" Rissa and I begged. "I'll sing with you babygirl" "Fine mommy" Marissa laughed at Max's cute pouty face. We all got up and went to the room upstairs with all of my instruments and the tv with karaoke on it. "Can we sing your song Together, please mommy?" "Of course" I laughed selecting the song. The words came up on the big screen "Together-Artist: Demi Lovato" I started off, trying to ease Max's tension, while Marissa took a seat on one of the beanbag chairs. I held Max's hand and started singing, "Remember love, remember you and me. Remember everything we shared on this planet when we cared" Then I let Max Sing, "Remember hearts. Remember unity. Remember loving neighbors with unexpected favors" I stood back in awe, holy shit this kid can sing. I picked up where she left off. "Why be afraid, to make an honest mistake. If you acknowledge the pain, and you wanna change, you can get through anything" (Max) "Do you remember at all, people walking hand in hand, can we feel that love again?" (Demi) "an you imagine it all?" (Max) "If we all could get along" (Max and Demi) "If we all could sing this song together" I stopped singing and so did max. Max started coughing hysterically. "You alright kid" Rissa asked. "Think so" Max said. "Dang Max I thought you said that you couldn't sing, you've really got a voice" "T..thank you" Max replied. Did I make her nervous? "You okay babygirl?" She stumbled a little then said "Yes mommy I just f..feel a little woozyyy a..and dizzy" Within that same second, she passed out...

A/N Don't worry I wont leave you guys hanging for long, I'm already working on the next update, it's coming today ^.^