Pet Boy

----------Prologue-------

"Class, this is our new student, Ellie."

It's always like this when I go to a new school. I've been to about six or seven so far but this time I've decided that no matter what, I'll stay.

I'm Ellie, a young freshman girl who attends Eleanor High. There is nothing really extraordinary about me but i'm not quite simple either.

What I have always wanted was a normal school life. Cliché, right? Well, if I ask for anything more then I'll be asking for too much. I just want a place where I can make friends and not be the new kid. That's all I want, nothing more and nothing less.

But that's not how life works apparently.

To prove how badly I wanted to stay, and not move away yet again, I'm now living by myself while my parents aren't home due to their jobs that have them constantly moving around.

As lonely as it may seem, I'd still like to stay and have a place I can permanently call home.

The bell rang and the teacher dismissed the class with a "have a good weekend" though he knew no one would since he had assigned a shit ton of homework to do. Everyone ignored the teachers words and shuffled out of the class, me along with them.

I watched as everyone poured out of the buildings and dispersed into little groups. It seemed everyone had already made their social circles and weren't looking for any new members to join.

Tugging my bag's strap over my shoulder, I let out a sigh and continued forward outside of school and began heading home.

First day back at school and I can honestly say, it was uneventful and far from exciting. Though, for someone like me who doesn't know a single person, let alone have a single friend, it's only natural that school would feel this boring.

While trudging my way back home, I heard a soft meow. Normally I would ignore such a thing but for some reason, I felt like I couldn't.

I paused for a moment and glanced over my shoulder. Behind a bush, a cat shyly peeked it's head out, it's big blue eyes looking straight into mine. It was by itself, with no collar or sign of an owner from what I could tell. A stray maybe? Abandoned?

It was a cream colored calico with silk fur that was clearly well kept and had a pair stunning Aqua colored eyes. It seemed to be male, which is extremely rare to come by since all most all calicos are females. Not only that but he looked well fed and used to humans.

I bent down and reached out my hand so he could smell me and know that I meant no harm. Cautiously, he came out of the bush and approached me. Once he had a good sniff of my sent, he rubbed his head on my hand and I started stroking his silk like fur.

I wonder...what's such a lovely cat doing walking out on the streets? He seems healthy and very well taken care of so there's no way he wouldn't have an owner. If that's true, then I'd better leave him alone or someone may think that I am planning to catnap him.

I got to me feet and gave the cat one last rub on the head before turning and leaving.

I continued walking at a slow pace, allowing myself to take a nice leisurely stroll on the street.

I wasn't in a rush nor did I feel the need to get home ASAP. It wasn't like I had anybody waiting for me there anyway.

I've got to admit, it's lonely living by myself, but I was used to it. Even when I was living with my parents, I hardly saw them in the house due to their work keeping them out from morning to night.