Chapter 2

"Jesus, you're already done with your food?" Grace asked me, scrunching up her face in disgust. "Cal.....I'm going to be nice here, so can you please tell her to shut the fuck up before I beat the shit out of her?" I said in a sweet voice, not looking at her. I felt Simon put his hand on my leg, tracing patterns with his thumb again. It calmed me, but not by much. Cal rolled his eyes and looked at Grace. "Grace. Stop." Was all he said. "I believe that's not what I told you to tell her." I said, putting a finger in the air, pointing at the ceiling. "Mackenzie. Stop." He said to me, his voice firm. I put my hands up in defense. "Someone get me a beer." I joked, leaning back in my chair. Everyone but Grace laughed. I put my hand on Simon's and I saw him smile in the corner of my eye. We try not to be one of those annoying couples that show too much affection when they're in public. We kiss every now and then, but we aren't always all over each other. Grace and Cal on the other hand, do exactly that. There was a moment of awkward silence and Grace spoke up again. "What happened to your arm?" She asked, pointing at it. I looked down to see what she was talking about. It was my scars. The ones I gave myself. I didn't feel the need to cover them up anymore. The whole table tensed up, and no one said anything. I just sat there, staring at my arm. "Grace....." Cal started. I knew he was trying to think of something to say, but just couldn't find the right words to say. "What do you think happened?" I asked, looking up. I tried to make it sound the least bitchy I could. "You cut yourself." She said bluntly, shrugging. Like it was nothing. Like a year ago, this isn't what my life revolved around. "Bingo." I said, poking my nose.  Simon's thumb went back to tracing a pattern, and everyone else relaxed a little. "How about that wether recently?" Callux said, leaning on the table like he was at an important meeting. I smiled. "Fucking hot." I said, still smiling. "We can tell you think so with what you're wearing." Grace spoke up again. "Callum....if you don't shut this bitch up, I will." I said, clenching my fist. Simon grabbed my enclosed fist and made me hold his hand. "Why can't we just get along? I try with you. I actually do. Why do you hate me so damn much?" I asked her after a moment of silence. She just shrugged. "I honestly couldn't care less if you liked me or not, but you can keep rude comments like that to yourself. Okay? Okay." I said, glaring at her. After another moment of silence, there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a group of young boys. Probably twelve or so. Vik would have a blast here. (Haha. Banter.) "Can we take some pictures with you guys?" The one in the front asked, his eyes wide and his voice shaky. I smiled. "Yeah." I said, standing up. Everyone but Grace stood up to go take a picture. She just sat there and glared at me. Maybe she was jealous like Harry said. I mean, I get to do things like this, which is incredible. After we were done signing stuff and taking pictures for that group and another group that came in, we sat back down. I couldn't stop smiling, neither could Simon. We always talk about how happy meeting our fans make us. "You can stop faking a smile now, they're gone." Grace said, staring directly at me. I just ignored her and stood up, being sure to throw down the spoon I was playing with. It hit the plate with a clang and I just walked outside. Believe it or not, there was even more fans outside. Quite a big group. Today was a really good day to go out I guess. While I was signing stuff and taking pictures, I was in the middle of the group. I really couldn't stop smiling and I couldn't help but to let my anger drift away. I barely looked up at the person I was signing something for, but when I did, I regretted it. There stood Lucille. We went to school together last year, but I graduated early. She bullied me. "So, you're pretty famous now, huh?" She asked. It wasn't asked in a bitchy or disgusted way, just a normal, friendly way, which was weird. "Lucille?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She just nodded. I just turned away from her and went back to signing. Soon, the crowd thinned out when parents came and took their kids away, being sure to thank me. Lucille still stood there though, just waiting. "Looks like you haven't changed much." She said. Now the bitchiness was showing itself. "What do you want?" I asked, putting a hand on my hip. "I just want to talk to you." She said. I smiled, I knew what was going on. "You just want to be my friend now that I've made something of myself. Don't you?" I asked. She was quiet. "After all of the shit you put me through, don't expect much from me. Especially not a friendship." I said. I turned on my heel and walked off. Unbelievable. How can she just come here and try to make her way into my life again? When I reached our table again, everyone was quiet. Something happened. I sat down slowly. "What took you so long?" Harry asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence. "There was some fans outside. And I ran into someone." I said, looking at the table. "Who?" Simon asked. "Lucille. She tried to be my friend." I said, shaking my head. "That's fucked up." Callux said. Simon and Harry nodded in agreement. Grace and Cal were silent. "Cal?" I asked him. He looked up at me. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I just want you guys to get along. Why is that so damn difficult?" He said, putting his hands on his face. "Cal, don't you think trying? She's the one always making rude comments about me that don't need to be said. I'm trying!" I said. "Well, maybe you could try a little harder not to be a bitch all of the time." He said and stood up. Grace followed after him. I just stared at his empty seat. "Mackenzie...." Simon said. I just shook my head. "What the fuck is his problem? Why can't she just know that no one wants her around?" I said, still staring at his seat. "Let's just go home. She's not worth wasting our time." Simon said, standing up. I stood up too, moving my eyes to the ground. I can't believe that just happened. Cal and I have never argued. If I didn't like one of his girlfriends and they didn't like me, their relationship wouldn't last long, but we never argued over it. I let him do what he wanted. He let me do what I wanted. What is going on?