Chapter 42

"Who wants to walk with me to Nandos?" I asked, adjusting my headset. "Why walk?" Ethan asked. "Why not? It's a beautiful day." I said, smiling to myself. "It's too wet." Josh groaned. (Given the time passed, I know it should be like July, but I'm going to keep it around late February, the time it is irl now. Sorry if this causes any confusion.) I sighed. "Fine. Who wants to ride with me to Nandos?" I asked. "You bringing some back?" Vik asked. "If someone goes with me, yeah." I shrugged. "I'll go." Simon spoke up. "Grab me something, yeah?" Tobi asked. "Sure." I said. "My usual, please." Ethan said. I left the call and grabbed my phone off my desk before going and grabbing Karmyn out of her crib swiftly. She was already awake, so I just put her on my hip before grabbing her car seat and walking out of my room. Simon's door opened and he smiled at me, reaching forward to grab the car seat. Karmyn giggled at him, something she did often.

We were sat outside of Nandos, waiting for our loads of food for everyone. "That guy's checking you out." Simon muttered. I looked up at Simon to see him staring at someone behind me. If someone was checking me out, I doubt it was because of my good looks. I was wearing high waisted black, ripped skinny jeans and a t-shirt, attractive, right? I glanced behind me to see a guy talking on the phone, staring directly at me. "He's like fifty." I whispered. Simon smirked. "Forty at the most." Simon said. "Either way, that's creepy." I said as Karmyn played with my wristband. "He's coming over here." Simon said. I braced myself for the awkwardness. "Hello." I heard from above me. I looked up and was met with a dark pair of eyes. It was indeed the guy on the phone. "Hi." I said, kind of awkwardly. "This may sound a bit strange, but I can't help but notice how beautiful you are. I'm a photographer that works for (random London magazine). And we actually just lost one of our models. Would you be interested in the job?" He asked. I glanced awkwardly at Simon, who was watching Karmyn, but I'm sure he was listening. "I don't know. I'm really always kind of busy." I shrugged. "You look familiar. Where have I might've seen you?" He asked, putting a hand on his chin. "I was on (news channel name). And I do YouTube." I said, looking down at my feet. "Ah! I knew I've seen you before!" He said. "Anyways, here's my card. Think about it. You'd be perfect for the job." He said. I grabbed his card and looked over at Simon, who was smiling at me. "You're going to be a model!" He said, lightly pushing me. "Not likely." I said, putting the card down. "Why not?" He asked. "Simon, I'm way too busy all of the time. YouTube, Karmyn. I can't have another job on top of that." I said. He sighed. "You could take a break from YouTube." He shrugged. "No." I said, laughing. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, you can't just throw it away." He said, smiling at me. "What if I don't want to be a model?" I asked. "Why wouldn't you want to be a model?" He asked. I shrugged, even if I knew the answer. I've had a baby, I don't have the perfect body. I have a giant ass tattoo on my side. I have one actual leg. I have scars all over my body. Why would I want strangers looking at me? At all my flaws. Tracking me down on social media just to say hateful things. That happened when I was on TV. It's different when I do facecam on my videos, because those are people that watch me because they enjoy watching me. They wouldn't hate. Even if I did get hate there, it wasn't a lot. "I would love for you to be a model." Simon smirked. "Why?" I asked. "Then I can tell all my mates that the mother of my child is a model." He said smugly. I rolled my eyes, letting out a light laugh. "I really do think you should do it. You would be like all of those beauty gurus. I see Zoella in magazines all of the time (big ups to Zoë for being amazing and beautiful!)." He said. "Simon, I wouldn't be anything like those beauty gurus. I play video games for a living and literally this is the only thing I can do with my makeup." I said, pointing to my face. I only had base, concealer, powder, eyeliner, and mascara on. "And it's beautiful. I just think you'll have fun. You'll make friends. Who knows? You and Zoella might even become great friends and you could introduce me." He smirked, winking at me. I rolled my eyes again. "I'm joking." He said. I heard the little bell go off on the door and looked up to see two Nandos employees coming towards us, our bags in their hands. "Thank you." I smiled at them, grabbing bags. Simon grabbed some out of my hand and I put Karmyn on my hip and we walked towards our car. "Off to Tobi and Ethan's." Simon sighed as I put Karmyn in her car seat. I closed the backdoor and went to the passenger car door before hopping in quickly. "I'm tired." I said, yawning and leaning back in my seat. He chuckled lightly. "It's only 5 PM." He said. "I've been awake since midnight." I sighed. "Why didn't you go to sleep?" He asked. "Well, Karmyn woke me up then I couldn't go back to sleep so I edited and did a little stream." I said. He sighed. "You've got to get your sleep, Mackenzie." He said. I nodded in response, though I don't think he was looking at me really. "Want to record a video with me when we get home?" He asked. "What video?" I asked. "A 'Would You Rather'. I was supposed to record it with Josh, but we haven't recorded in a while." He said. I smiled. "Sure." I said, grabbing my phone. "We can do a Q&A on my channel, okay?" I asked, starting to tweet to get questions. "Sounds good." He smiled.

A/N
Double update today because, why not? Hope you all have/had an amazing day!

See ya! x