Chapter 37

*Simon's POV*

The girls had managed to drag Mackenzie out of the house today. It's been a while. A month and a half since Elizabeth left, actually. Anyways, everyone except us guys were out. And we were just editing. It was a normal day, until I got the phone call. It was Freya. And Freya only calls me when Josh won't answer. "Hello?" I answered the phone. "Hi. We are on our way to the hospital right now. I think it's time." She said quickly. It sounded like she was rushing around. "Time? What do you mean time?!" I asked, finding myself standing up and looking for the closest pair of shoes. "You're gonna be a dad." She said quickly before hanging up. I threw my phone in my pocket. My heart was racing. I was scared. I wasn't ready. Hell, none of us were. "Guys! Mackenzie's going to the hospital!!" I yelled. Vik appeared in my doorway first. "You're not kidding?" He asked, eyeing me. I grabbed my keys off of my desk, shaking my head. He already had shoes on for some weird reason. I pushed past him and jogged down the stairs to let Zeus outside. Josh followed Vik down the stairs, and we were soon on our way. "I can't believe this is happening." Josh mumbled, more to himself than us. Vik was on the phone with Cal in the backseat. "You're going to be a grandfather." I said, my eyes glued to the road. "Huh. Grandfather at 24. Weird." He said. "Okay, Cal's getting everyone together." Vik said. Cal had still been a little distant ever since his dad died, but recently he's been recording and hanging out more. We're all glad he's getting back into the swing of things. Slowly but surely. "Who else is excited? I'm excited." Vik said. I didn't look back at him, but I could tell he was smiling wide. "Simon?" Josh asked. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding. "More scared than anything." I admitted, my voice shaky. He patted my knee supportively. This is going to be one hell of a ride.

      "Mr. Minter?" A voice asked, making us all stand up. Everyone was here. We were in the waiting room and Freya, Kay, and Isabella had met us here. They had the biggest smiles on their faces. She looked at all of us questioningly so I stepped forward, slightly raising my hand. The nurse smiled at me. "Well, I'm happy to inform you that you are a father of a beautiful baby girl, Karmyn Alexis." She beamed at me. I found myself smiling, even if I had the biggest lump in my throat. Someone pat my back, but I didn't look at who it was. "Ready to go and meet your daughter?" She asked. Hearing those words was enough to make me burst into tears, but I blinked quickly, nodding after what felt like an eternity of thinking. She smiled. "I'll be sure to come back for you all." She smiled at everyone else. I heard a few 'Okays' and we were on our way. With every step I took, my heart beater faster and harder. I wouldn't have been surprised if the nurse could hear my heart, even if she was several steps ahead of me. She stopped in front of a door and my stomach tightened up. This is it. "Here we are." She smiled at me, her hand reaching for the door handle. I took one last deep breath before I heard the click of the door opening. My heart was pounding in my ears. I pushed myself forward, almost falling because of my wobbling knees. As soon as I entered the room, I saw Mackenzie. She was laying on the bed, her hair stuck to her head, I'm sure from sweating. She still looked beautiful. Then, I moved my eyes down to what she was holding. Our child. Mackenzie looked up, her tired eyes meeting mine. She smiled, then looked back down. I stood there, frozen. "Come here." She said, not looking up. I came to her side, not looking down just yet. I swallowed the lump in my throat one last time before looking down. She was asleep, her head resting gently on Mackenzie's chest. A smile tugged at my lips. I had this strange feeling in my chest. A feeling I had never felt before. "Wanna hold her?" Mackenzie asked, her voice quiet. I looked at Mackenzie before nodding slowly. She handed her up to me. As soon as I touched her, her eyes fluttered open. I held her close to my chest, looking into her bright green eyes. Just like her mum's. I smiled. That feeling came back again. "Hey there." I whispered. She looked up at me, her eyes wide. The feeling was stronger now and I thought about what it could be. "Smile." I heard Mackenzie whisper. I was already smiling, but I heard the snap of a camera. She held her phone, smiling at the picture she just took. I looked down once more. "Cute." I heard someone else say. I looked up to see everyone standing there. Everyone. My smile grew, if that was even possible. The girls rushed to Mackenzie's side and the guys kind of lingered there before Josh pushed through. "I would like to see my granddaughter." He said, smiling. I chuckled lightly. He walked over slowly before stopping at my side, looking down with a smile plastered on his face. "God, you're old." I heard JJ say, laughing. "Okay. My turn." Freya said, walking over to me. I handed the baby over, after much debate in my head. I honestly never wanted to let go of her. I looked around the room at my best friends, then at Mackenzie. The feeling was there again. I looked at Karmyn and the feeling grew. That feeling, I decided, is love. True love. It must be what Josh feels every time he looks at Freya. How Vik feels every time he looks at Kay. How JJ feels every time he looks at Isabella. And vice versa. I thought I was in love with Mackenzie, but only now am I actually feeling it. I can't believe it took a baby for me to feel this wonderful, blissful feeling. I found myself staring at Mackenzie as she smiled at Freya making faces at Karmyn. I knew then, that I was in love. And now that I know for sure I am and know for sure that I never want to lose her, I know that I will never hurt her again. Never. I've said that before, but now was different. We have a child to take care of now. We have to stick together. We have to try. I have to try. She might not want to, but I will genuinely try. And I have to try hard.

A/N
I hope everyone's inner fangirl can handle the image of Simon holding a newborn baby. ;) Anyways, I hope you all have/had a beautiful day!

See ya! x