Chapter 34

"Have you seen this?" I asked Simon. We were at the doctor's waiting for the nurse to return. She had to go get some paper towels. I held my phone out for him to see. It was a picture of me posted by the evil queen herself, Lucille. "No." He said, shaking his head. I looked at the caption and read it aloud. "Everyone thought this girl was the smartest. She graduated early and everything. But now, she's seventeen and pregnant with her ex-boyfriend's baby and is probably fucking one of his best friends. She's Internet famous for literally sleeping with all of the Sidemen. Disgrace." I read, shaking my head. Simon sighed. "What a bitch." He said, shaking his head. "The best part is is that one of my fans found it and spread it around and now she's getting so much hate for it." I said, biting my lip. "That's good. It's what she deserves." He said. Then the nurse opened the door, smiling. She wiped the stuff of of my stomach and sat down while I sat up. I tried my best to listen to what she was saying but I couldn't stop thinking about the hate Lucille was getting right now. Sure, maybe she deserved it, but I know how it feels. And I don't wish that feeling upon anyone. "Okay. Everything is good and healthy. But, the baby is developing quicker than normal, so it might be a premature birth but it won't harm the baby at all." The nurse said, smiling. I nodded slowly. She turned around and grabbed the ultrasound picture from the table behind her. "Here you go. And I will see you both soon hopefully." She said, still smiling. "Thank you." I said quickly, taking the picture. Simon looked at it over my shoulder, and I knew he was smiling. He always did at these photos.

     When we pulled into the driveway, there was a special car in the driveway. It was a news van. From the local news channel. "Ummm?" I said, pointing at the van. Simon shrugged, turning the car off. I undid my seatbelt and we went inside together slowly. "Mackenzie! Come to the living room please!" I heard Josh yelled. I quickly looked at Simon. "How do I look?" I asked, throwing my hair in front of my shoulders. "Beautiful." He said, smiling. I smiled in return, turning away from him and heading to the living room. There was a woman sitting on the couch in a dress and a camera, boom mic, and very bright light facing her. The woman stood up. "You must be Mackenzie. My name is Karen and I'm from (news channel name). We would like to do an interview with you to inspire young girls with backgrounds such as yours." She said, smiling and sticking a hand out for me to shake. I shook it slowly. "Backgrounds like mine?" I asked, raising and eyebrow. "Girls that are adopted." She said, nodding. I smiled. "Oh, well, sure I guess." I shrugged. She smiled. "Great. Now, could you just sit right over here and we'll get started." She said. I went and sat down and looked at the people behind the camera. My family. JJ waved at me. "You're on TV." Isabella mouthed to me. Josh smiled at me, giving me a small thumbs up. Vik had his phone out, taking a picture. Kay and Freya weren't here, they were probably out shopping. Again. Simon was looking at something. At closer inspection, I decided it was an ultrasound picture. I grabbed my phone and quickly tweeted about the whole thing, telling people to tune in. Karen sat down and looked at me. "Nervous?" She asked, checking the time on her phone. I slowly nodded. I was kind of nervous, but more excited. "You're probably used to being behind a camera anyways." She said. I shrugged. "Well, it is my job." I said, biting my lip. I heard someone clear they're throat behind the camera and I looked over. Josh was pointing at me, then he pointed at his lip, telling me to stop. I did and looked back at Karen. She smiled at me before turning back to the camera where the camera man was counting down on his hand. I smiled at the camera and waited for Karen to start speaking. She said her greetings and introduced me as 'a YouTube famous teenage girl with an inspiring background'. "So, Mackenzie tell us what kind of videos you make." Karen said, still smiling at me. Her smile looked fake, but then again mine probably did too. "I play video games such as FIFA, GTA, and some more. But I also vlog when I actually leave the house." I said, shrugging. She let out a small laugh. "And how many followers do you have?" She asked. "I now have around four and a half million subscribers." I said, smiling. "That's incredible." She said. I nodded slowly, thinking about how incredibly blessed I was. "How old are you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Seventeen." I said, nodding. "You're verified on Twitter, correct?" She asked. "Yes ma'am." I said, still smiling. "You're closely associated with the Sidemen, right?" She asked. I had never been in an actual interview before, but these were some really simple questions to answer. "They're all I really record with." I shrugged again, looking behind the camera. Simon was vlogging now. "And to my understanding you have had a romantic relationship with one of them?" She asked. Well, there go the easy questions. I let out a small sigh. "Simon, yeah." I said, slowly nodded. "Is it awkward for you two to record and live together?" She asked. "Not really, no. We made a deal that when we first actually got together saying that if it ended badly we wounding stop being friends." I said, looking down at my lap. "And you're pregnant with his baby?" She asked. I felt a lump form in my throat. Everyone already knew, but damn. I just nodded. "And you aren't together now?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. "No ma'am." I said, shaking my head. She sighed. "Well, looks like you've got a lot on your plate." She said, looking back at the camera. Well no shit. I nodded, even though she wasn't looking at me. She said something else to the camera. That escalated quickly.