Chapter 3

It's been a week since Cal's blow up at Nandos. I've called him and texted him, but won't talk to me. Him and Grace are still together I guess, I wouldn't know if they broke up anyways. I was currently in the living room, staring at the TV screen blankly, not really paying any attention to the movie I was watching. The guys were all recording, but I didn't feel like recording, so I didn't. I jumped out of my thoughts when there was a knock on the front door. Whoever it was, didn't sound too happy. I walked quickly to the door and opened it, but froze when I saw who it was. It was Cal. "Hey." I breathed out. His face was red and his jaw was clenched. "This is your fault!" He yelled, pointing at me. "What did I do?" I asked, my voice calm. But I was already pissed, just because he yelled at me. "Grace broke up with me because you kept blowing up my fucking phone!" He yelled, taking a step towards me. I took a step back. He came in and slammed the door behind him. "What was I supposed to do? You wouldn't talk to me, Cal. I just wanted to make up with you. I don't like you being mad at me." I said, my voice still calmer than his. "What the hell?!" A voice yelled from the stairs behind me. I turned around to see Simon, still wearing his headset. I just shrugged and looked back at Cal. I wasn't scared. Simon came down and stood beside me. "Cal, why are you fucking yelling at her?" Simon asked him. "She made Grace break up with me!" Cal yelled, pointing at me. He really was pissed off. "Cal, listen to me. I know you're pissed off right now, but I had nothing to do with Grace dumping you." I said, stepping in front of Simon. Cal's eyes narrowed and he shook his head. "Why can't you get along with any of my girlfriends? You always push them away from me and end our relationships! You're the reason I can't keep a steady girlfriend! You fuck everything up! I knew it was a mistake going to look for you! We should've just fucking left you in that damn orphanage!" He yelled before storming out of the house. I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. He just said that. My brother, the only family I've ever had before the Sidemen, just said that to me. I guess he's right. I've been told multiple times that I fuck everything up and it's true. Simon stepped in front of me, but I stared straight ahead where Cal once stood. He put his hands on my shoulders and was talking to me, but I couldn't hear it. I looked up at him and only then did I realize I was crying. His lips stopped moving and he stared at me. I pulled away from him and took a half step backwards. "Mackenzie....it's okay. He'll get over it. He's just passed off right now." Simon said, closing the space between us. He wrapped his arms around me and swayed us back and forth. His breathing and heartbeat relaxed me instantly. I closed my eyes and relaxed in his arms. "I love you." I heard him whisper and felt him kiss my head. "I love you too." I said, looking up at him. He looked at me and smiled, which I returned. I sniffled again. "What the hell just happened?" A voice called from the stairs. I didn't move, but I felt Simon look up. "Cal is pissed because Grace broke up with him and blamed it on Mackenzie." Simon said, not letting go of me. "Mackenzie, are you okay?" I looked up again to see Josh, Vik, and JJ standing on the stairs. "I'm fine." I said, resting my head against Simon's shoulder again. At time like these, I wanted to be shorter. I heard footsteps on the stairs that were going up, telling me the rest of the guys had gone back to their rooms. I sighed. I still needed a second channel video for today, but I was really tired. I had a GTA video to go up, but that's it. "You wanna take a nap?" Simon asked me. His arms were still around me. "You know it." I said, looking up at him. (That sounds sexual but it isn't. Not yet!) He let me go and backed away and went up the stairs. I followed him. He went into my room and laid down on the bed without even looking back at me. I knew he was tired because he was up editing his Q&A last night. I walked around the bed slowly and laid down beside him. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My eyes closed instantly and I couldn't help but to smile to myself. This is what I needed, especially after that.

     "How are we meant to know that? Simon, why did you have to pick Arts and Literature you fucking melt?!" JJ yelled. We were recording Trivial Pursuit. Because of my 'academic gift', as my teachers called it, I'm actually quite good at it. Simon chuckled and picked an answer. I was the first to answer, followed by Vik and Josh. JJ was the last to answer. I smiled in triumph when I got it right. "I'm in first!" Josh yelled excitedly. "I'm in first!" I corrected him. "No, you created the game, so it's just like Olympics with Josh, whoever comes after the creator is actually first place." Vik said. "Yeah!" Simon yelled in agreement.  "You lot are mean." I said, shaking my head. I looked at my facecam camera when I shook my head. I had my hair in a messy bun and I had no makeup on. Simon and I just woke up from our nap and Josh wanted to record this. "Well, maybe if you didn't create the fucking game, we wouldn't have to be mean!" JJ yelled. I smiled and giggled a little in response. When he yelled, I could hear him downstairs and in my headphones, so it was weird and made it even funnier. After a while of recording, we stayed in the Skype call instead of actually going downstairs and having to actually interact with each other like normal people. We were all editing and just talking about random things. "Guys, I gotta go. Preston's calling." Vik said quickly, hanging up before any of us could respond. "Okay Vik." I said, even though I knew he was gone. The guys chuckled and I smiled more. Even after all of that shit with Cal this morning, I could still smile and be happy, doing what I love with who I love.