Chapter 14

"Guys! Wait up!" I yelled, sprinting down the long hallway. Cal and Harry were on the same floor as us, so we met up before going to the lobby. I overslept and no one bothered to wake me up, so here I was. Running down the hall. Simon stopped and turned around, waiting for me. It was the first day of PAX and they didn't want to be late, but they didn't have to leave me. "Maybe if you hadn't overslept, you wouldn't have to run." Harry said once I reached them. "Well, someone could've woken me up." I said, nudging Simon with my arm. "I wanted to take a shower before you." He said, smiling and running a hand through his hair. We walked in silence until we reached the lift. There was a young girl in there, maybe about eleven. So we kept quiet in there, too. "Where are you guys going?" She asked us, a bright smile on her face. "Umm...PAX?" Cal asked more than said. "I'm just riding up and down." She said, leaning against the wall beside me. "Where's your parents?" Harry asked. "Asleep." She shrugged. "You might want to get back to your room before they wake up. They'll be wondering where you are." I said, looking down at her. She shrugged. "You guys aren't from here, are you?" She asked. "No...uh....we're from England." Simon said, looking around awkwardly. "Oh okay." She said, turning away from us again. The lift emitted one last small beep before the doors opened and we piled out, leaving the girl inside. "The most awkward lift ride I've ever experienced." Cal said, scratching the back of his neck. "One time I was stuck in one with a fangirl that tried to molest me." Harry said, cringing. I laughed a little. "There they are! Where's Josh and Freya?" Tobi yelled across the lobby, pointing at us. Everyone was there, on their phone or talking to one another. Josh and Freya were the only ones missing. I spotted JJ and Isabella talking to Vik and Kay. I walked over there, putting my elbow on Vik's shoulder and leaning on him a little bit. I still wasn't completely used to my new prosthetic and it was a lot more comfortable when I wasn't putting all of my weight on it. "Hey." Vik said, giving me a small smile. Kay gave me a small wave. "Good morning." JJ said, scrunching up his face like he does in a lot of his pictures. I gave him and Isabella a small wave. "What are you two going to be doing all day?" I asked, pointing at Kay and Isabella. "Shop probably." Kay shrugged. I nodded. "You wanna come? Freya's going." Isabella said, smiling. "Oh, I'm going to be having a booth at the event. I'm also a YouTuber." I said, nodding. She made an 'O' shape with her mouth, looking embarrassed. "Sorry!" I heard someone yell behind me. I turned around to see Freya and Josh rushing out of the lift. Freya came over to Kay and Isabella and they said their goodbyes and went on their own. I followed the guys mindlessly out into the cold. "You finally get to meet the Pack!" Vik said, putting a vlog camera in my face. "Excited?" Simon asked from the other side of me, giving my hand a small squeeze. I smiled. "I'm very excited." I said, nodding. "Who's your favorite?" Vik asked. "Preston." I said, nodding. Simon stopped walking and let go of my hand. He put his hand to his chest, his mouth open. "How dare you?" He asked and took a small step forward. "What?" I asked. "He cannot be your favorite." He said, continuing to walk. Vik was still vlogging us. "Why is he your favorite?" Vik asked me. "I don't have a favorite. He was just the one that popped into my mind first honestly." I said, putting my hands up on defense. "Can you even name all of them?" Simon asked. "Sure. There's Preston, Rob, ummm....the Australian-" "Lachlan." Vik interrupted me. I nodded. "Lachlan, Mitch, and the one with the nose." I said, putting a finger to my chin. "Jerome." Simon said. "Yeah, that one." I said, pointing at him. "You're so mean." Harry's voice made me snap my head up from my feet. He was walking backwards, listening to us. "No I'm not. I'm just not very good with names." I said, shrugging. "The one with the nose." Simon repeated, his hand grasping mine again. "He has a nose!" I said. I heard Vik sigh beside me. I turned my head to look at him to see him turn his vlogging camera back to himself. "Guys, I apologize that she didn't know your names. When you watch this, tweet her and tell her how mean she is." Vik said, pointing to the camera. I rolled my eyes and smiled lightly. We continued walking through the cold and bantering with each other until we were at a huge building. When we went inside, it was even bigger. The ceiling seemed to be miles above my head. It was very empty and open. It hasn't started yet, so I wasn't surprised to see it this empty and dead. I followed the guys further into the building. Soon, we reached our booths and I went straight into mine, departing from the guys. "Mackenzie!" I heard someone yell my name from outside my booth. I went outside the booth and looked around. Vik's head poked out of the Sidemen booth. He waved me over, smiling. I walked over and into the booth. "There she is!" A familiar voice said. I looked up from the ground to be met with the Pack's faces. I smiled. "Mackenzie, this is Preston. Lachlan. Jerome. Mitch. And Rob." Vik said, pointing to each of them. "Guys, this is Mackenzie." He added, pointing at me. "It's nice to meet you guys." I said, stepping a little bit closer. I stuck my hand out to shake Preston's hand since he was the closest, and he just pushed it away. "We only give hugs." He said, walking towards me with open arms. I heard Vik chuckled and we all hugged. "Guys! Doors open in five!" Ethan yelled. I took a step away from the group. "I got to go. I'll talk to everyone later!" I said the last part to everyone in the booth. Simon walked over to me quickly. He kissed my head and smiled at me. "See you." He said. "See you." I said, pulling away from him. I went to my booth and waited for the doors to open. Today should be exhausting, yet very very fun.

A/N
Sorry for such a late update! Homework kicked my ass today. I hope you guys had/have a better day than I have today. I love you guys!

See ya! x