Chapter 40

I actually can't believe what I just did. I just got a tattoo. I ended up having to bribe the tattoo artist because I'm not an adult yet. I smiled to myself as I walked up to the house. The girls were watching Karmyn while I had 'a day off'. "Mum's home!" I heard Freya yell from the living room. I put my keys and bags down on the stairs and went to the living room. Everyone was sitting on the couches except for Simon, he was sitting on the floor and holding Karmyn. I wasn't going to show them my tattoo just yet. "What all did you do?" Josh asked me. "Well, I did a little bit of shopping and got some food." I shrugged. "Have fun?" Kay asked me. "Actually was really boring by myself." I said, leaning back on my hands. "Well, we thought you deserved a little alone time." Isabella said. I smiled, nodding. "There's something you're not telling us." Simon said. I looked up at him. He was eyeing me. I sighed. "Can't get nothing past you, can I?" I asked. He smiled and shook his head. Even after that night that Simon and I kissed, he's still waiting. I know he is. "What'd you do?" JJ asked. I sighed. "Don't get mad?" I asked, looking at Karmyn. "Why would anyone get mad?" Vik asked. I sighed before turning my side towards them and raising my shirt up. They were quiet. "You got a tattoo?!" Simon yelled. I shrugged. "She got a tattoo." I heard Josh say. I let my shirt fall and sat back in my original position. I reached over and grabbed Karmyn from Simon, holding her close to my chest. "How did you get a tattoo?" Freya asked. "Well, I may have had to bribe the guy." I said, smirking. "How much?" Vik asked. "Like 200." I said, my voice quiet. "You paid him 200 extra?!" JJ yelled. I shrugged again. "Well, I think it's beautiful." Simon said. "Of course you do, Lover Boy." Isabella said, throwing a pillow at him. "Hey! There's a baby over here." He said, reaching behind him and throwing the pillow back at her. "Yeah, and Karmyn's over here too." I smirked. Simon playfully glared at me. "I think I need a nap." I heard Josh say, rubbing his eyes. "I was just thinking that." Vik said. "I'm going to bed." JJ said, standing up. Soon, everyone but Simon and I were gone. "I can't believe you got a tattoo." He said. "Me neither." I said, smiling. It was quiet for a while. "Want me to go put her in bed?" Simon asked. I looked up to see him looking at me already. "Sure." I said, handing Karmyn over. I was alone for about five minutes before Simon came back into the living room with the baby monitor in his hand. He placed it on the ground beside me before sitting on the other side of it. It was quiet, still. "Can I ask you something?" He finally broke the silence. I looked over at him to see him staring at the floor, his eyebrows furrowed. "Hmm?" I answered. He sighed. "When do you think you'll be ready?" He asked, still not looking at me. I sighed. "Simon, I-I don't know." I said. "You believe me when I say I love you, don't you?" He asked. "Yeah, I do." I said. "Then why don't you trust me?" He asked. "Because I've made that mistake before. Twice." I said. His eyes went up from the floor and to the blank wall. "I'm sorry." He said, his voice barely above a whisper. I've always read those quotes online and stuff saying 'I won't wait forever. The day you decide you want me may be the day I gave up.'. It made me think. What if Simon gives up on me? He said he would wait, but it wasn't fair for me to keep him waiting, was it? I just don't want to get hurt again, that's all. "Simon." I started, catching his attention. He still wouldn't look at me. "You don't have to wait for me. I'll be ready, I just don't know when. It may be tomorrow it may be a year from now, either way it's not fair for you to have to wait. It's not fair for me to just expect that from you." I said. I saw him gulp. "I have to. I have to do this. I have to prove to you that I mean it this time. I have to prove to you that I won't hurt you again." He said, his voice forceful. "That's what love is all about, right? Sacrifices and patience?" He asked. "Why're you asking me? You see how far love has gotten me in life." I joked. He glanced over at me, a small smile on his face. He leaned back, picking up the baby monitor. "I think we're great parents." Simon said, twirling the baby monitor in his hands. "One month down, forever to go." I sighed. He chuckled lightly. He reached over and knocked on my prosthetic leg. I raised an eyebrow at him. "I just wanted to see if it would sound weird." He said, still lightly tapping it. "Simon, you're strange pal." I said, shaking my head. He looked up at me with a hurt look before shrugging, agreeing with me. "Remember when you first got here?" He asked. I nodded, even though he wasn't looking at me. "Remember that thing we did at your school? When you and Karmyn came up on stage." He said. I looked up at him from my legs to see him smiling to himself. "Remember when you had a crush on that Dylan guy?" He asked, smirking now. "I saw him on my Twitter feed the other day." I said. "Really?" Simon asked, looking up at me. "Yeah. He was begging me for a follow." I shrugged. "Ha. Bet he regrets not asking you to that dance now." He said, laughing. I smiled at him. "Remember the Halloween party?" He asked. "Why are we reminiscing now?" I asked. He shrugged. "Why not? Why not remember all of the great memories when we're making more right now?" He asked. I smiled again. He had a point. I would definitely remember this.