Chapter 10

*Mackenzie's POV*

     I've barely left my room. Mostly because I can barely walk, but also because I just don't want to. I've recorded videos regularly and no fans know about my amputation. They know that Simon and I were in an accident, they just didn't know the outcome of it. I'm using crutches to walk at the moment, but tomorrow I got to my prosthetist. He's the guy that's going to be giving me my prosthetic leg. I cringe at the thought, but what am I going to do about it? I've already been fitted for it, he just had to make it and make sure everything is good. It's been a month since the accident and I no longer have to wear a bandage on my leg...I don't even know what to call it. Nub sounds too vivid for me. I still can't believe that this actually happened to me. It has changed my entire life. I can barely walk and everyone that hugs me hugs me lightly, like they're scared to touch me. "Mackenzie, are you hungry?" Simon asked me. We were all in a Skype call, just an easy way to hang out. "I'm fine." I said, shrugging even though he couldn't see me. "Ready for tomorrow?" Vik asked me. I sighed. "Honestly, I'm horrified." I admitted. "Why aren't you excited? You can finally walk down the stairs by yourself and go for those jogs you're always talking about." Josh said. Before the accident, I would always talk about going for runs to get in a little bit of shape. "Haha. Very funny." I said sarcastically. "Really though, you should be excited." Tobi said. I mentally sighed that time, instead of out loud. "I know." I said. "When are you going to make a video about it?" Ethan asked. "Probably in a few days." I said with a small sigh. "We can make it into a Q&A so it will be fun." JJ suggested. "Yeah. That sounds good." I said, smiling at the idea. While we were talking about my leg, I couldn't help but to look down at it. "How am I supposed to wear shoes? Is the foot going to be shaped like my foot or some random foot?" I asked, looking at my foot. "Why wouldn't they match it to you're other foot?" Harry asked. He joined us for a GTA session we just got down recording. "I dunno!" I said, smiling again. "We should make it into a football video instead. Just so you can have extra practice getting used to it." Simon suggested. I bit my lip nervously. That means that it would be showing on camera the entire time. "Yeah. Maybe. We'll see." I said, still looking down. I heard the front door open, but ignored it because I thought it was probably Freya or Kay. "Hey!" I heard a voice from my doorway moments later. I snapped my head up and over. It was Freya. "Hey." I said, muting my microphone. "I brought you guys some Nandos." She said, holding a bag out to me. "Thanks." I said, smiling. I put the bag down on my desk. I really wasn't very hungry, but I could still eat. "That's alright." She said with a smile before walking out of my room and to Simon's. "I'm here too! I helped!" Kay emerged in my doorway next. I gave her a small smiled mad wave before she turned away and walked to Vik's room. "Man, every goddamn time you guys get food!" Tobi yelled. "Yeah! Ethan, Tobi lets bail. I'm hungry anyways." Harry said. Ethan laughed, as always. "I'm down." Tobi said. We said our goodbyes and they left the call. "I really need to go to the bathroom." I said, more to myself than them. "Then go." JJ said. "I don't wanna get up." I mumbled. Seriously, hopping around on those crutches was exhausting. "Simon, go carry her." Josh said. He was serious. "What?" Simon asked. I could tell he was eating. "I can walk, Josh. I just don't want to." I said, rolling my eyes. "Simon, you're a horrible boyfriend." Vik said. "Guys. I'm going to the bathroom." I said. I took my headset off and put it on my desk. I grabbed my crutches and began my journey to the bathroom. I stared at the ground as I hopped there. Something I caught myself doing often. Maybe it will change when I get my prosthetic, but maybe it will never change. Maybe that feeling of missing something will always be there.

     "My lady." Simon said, opening the door for me. I smiled slightly and kept going. We were at the prosthetist's office now. As soon as I entered the building, I smelled plastic. It made me want to puke. I looked up from the ground and looked around the room. The room was huge. There were people of all ages and genders with prosthetics or missing limbs sitting around. They were smiling and living normal lives. I smiled at the room and went to sit on an empty couch. All of the guys were here with me. Freya and Kay had to work. A lot of people looked up in awe at our large group. After about thirty minutes of waiting in silence, a nurse stepped out of a doorway with a clipboard in her hands. "Mackenzie Bradley." She said. We all stood up in unison. Her eyes went wide a little. "Ummm...maybe just one person with her. Sorry. There isn't much room." She said. "Let Cal go." Josh said, sitting back down. Everyone else sat back down slowly. Simon sat down last. I smiled at him as Cal and I walked towards the nurse that was smiling. Well, here goes nothing.

A/N
I made her last name 'Bradley' because Josh adopted her and it makes sense. I'm really happy with all of the support you guys are showing on this story. So, thank you all for that. I hope you all have/had an amazing day! I love you guys!

See ya! x