48.3K 1.5K 953

| picture of sam in multimedia |

----------

Winter's P.O.V

Sam parks the car in front of a diner and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. We drove across town just for a diner that was a few streets down from the school? Is something wrong with Sam's head?

Actually, I'm not going to question that.

I take off my seatbelt and hop out of the car, shutting the door behind me. I watch as Sam appears in front of me, his eyebrow raising. I quickly walk behind him and walk in the diner, the little bell above the door ringing as we walked through. I can't help but chuckle.

How original.

The design of the diner was also original; the main colours being white and red. I notice the counter that goes across the whole dinner and the booths next to the window, the seats red and the tables white.

Sam walks up to the counter and all of sudden, a girl with curly red hair walks out. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun at the top of her head and I can't help but notice how pretty the girl is.

"Sam!" The girl says cheerfully. "It's been way too long! What can I do for you today?" The girl asks, a wide smile on her face and Sam smiles back.

"Hey Sally," Sam greets. "And yes, it has definitely been way too long. I'll just get two cheeseburger meals." Sam says and he slides a twenty dollar bill towards Sally who takes it, placing it in the cash register.

"I'll come back with your order in a few." Sally says, her smile not disappearing from her face and for a split second, she notices me and sends me a small wave before heading back into the kitchen.

I look around and notice a booth in the far corner which is absorbing the most sun. God, it is like a freezer in here... or is it because I am not wearing my jacket, I think to myself before running over to the booth and sitting against the window, letting out a sigh as the window warms up my arms. Sam sits against the window also, opposite from me and I can't help but look up at Sam.

For a split second, Sam looks like he is about to say something before he gets cut off by a ringtone that begins to play loudly.

Sam pulls out his phone and presses it to his ear, looking away from me. "Hello?" Sam asks. "Yeah she's fine." Sam says, glancing over at me and he nods slowly. "Okay, I'll ask her." Sam mutters, pulling the phone away from his ear and looking at me once again.

"Are you okay if it's just you, Alec and Cole tonight?" Sam asks me and I nod slowly. I watch as he presses his phone back to his ear.

"She's okay with it. Yeah, whatever. Bye." Sam says before hanging up the phone, shoving it back in his pocket.

"Who was that?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

"My mom." He simply replies, turning his gaze to the scenery outside.

"Why is it gonna be me, Cole and Alec?" I ask Sam and he looks over at me, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Do you have a mute button?" He asks, looking quite annoyed. I shake my head, smiling slightly. He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"Hayden and I are going out and my mom is stuck at work." Sam explains and I nod. All of a sudden, I notice Sally appear with the two trays of food in her hands, a wide smile on her face.

"Enjoy you two." Sally says but before she walks away, she looks over at me and sends me a firm nod, the smile still on her face.

"Winter." Sally says before walking away. I furrow my eyebrows and notice Sam's eyes on me, curious as to how Sally knows my name.